Unique windows install problem?

then comes the screen with HDD S.M.A.R.T disabled + pci devices list and at the bottom the text that says CMOS has been updated correct and at the very bottom "boot from CD".

OMG that cant be ! :D

look, i mean what do you do at the "boot from CD" screen, do you actually press a button then?? cause you should NOT do ANYTHING :P

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take the jumper off the Hitachi deskstar 80Gb and remove the other HDD. start the system and press delete and inter bios, set first boot device to HDD, second to CDrom, third to Removable media. save and exit. if "boot from CD" appears do Not Touch Anthing! Then come back here and tell us what happened.

Exactly! His boot order is screwed up and thats why he keeps having to boot from the CD over and over again.

If that doesn't work, interrupt it in the middle of the install, go into the BIOS, and set the first boot device as your HD, and your 2nd as your CD.

Ok, now I have tried the jumpers, I took them out completely(there are two) and I tried different configs with them. Did not work, I swear I don´t touch anything before or after the restart. Today I took out my HDD and went to a friend of mine trying to install windows there with my own disc. Guess what? It didn´t work, it was the same problem. I changed the boot priority on his comp to 1.CD 2.HDD 3.Floppy and when that didn´t work, I tried switching the boot priority around. Nothing worked!! Well, I think my HDD is dead.. since it didn´t work at his place either! I tried going into BIOS after the reboot and set the new priority but no good.

Is it possible to go to BIOS in the middle of the install? I tried but...

Anyways.. I bought a fresh pair of ocz gold pc4000 500mhz 1Gb sticks for 190$.. was that a bargain or am I being ripped off? The should ship to me next week or so..

And should I think of getting a new HDD? I have a hard time believing my 80Gb hitachi is dead... It worked perfectly before and the mobo can atleast find it before installation begins... Oh well... kinda depressed today.. got dumped by girlfriend for the past 3 years...

:(

If I get my 1100$ rig working I´ll be happy again though!

Cheers!!