So many cases...and most are junk

Guest Kobalt_merged

Guest Kobalt

pinetar, nice... I thought about just making my own, too bad I don't got the proper tools.

zkissane, thanks for the link. although that is one extremely slow site, that case looks pretty good for a cube. As you said, a bit pricey though. I also wonder why they don't have internal views?

While pricey, I gotta give a shout out to MountainMods and their U2-UFO. It is so choice. If you have the means I highly recommend picking one up. Almost tool-less (I had to use a screwdriver to get the thumbscrews out the first time, but that's it). Hard drive cage is removable, holds 9 drives, and is cooled by 2 120mm fans (it's mounted in the back of the case, though). MB tray is removable. 2 power supply mounts. In addition to the left and right panels being removable, the top is removable as well.

Here is another place to purchase a UFO case.

http://www.xoxide.com/xulalcucu.html

My personal experience:

A good allrounder and cheap case is the 6A19 (chieftec or anything else its the same case)

My case is Coolermaster Stacker.I find it exceptional, big enough, can support 2 psu's and cools good.It's a little big for some, but i find this enough for most ppl.

I just picked up a Silverstone TJ07 and it has to be one of the most beautiful cases I've ever owned. It meets all of your requirements but it is quite pricey.

Newegg has the most pix of it:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811163060

The two fans you see in the bottom each cool a drive bay that will hold 3 hard drives so there's your 6 fan cooled HDs.

Guest Kobalt

For cases with the PSU on the bottom, don't you run into cable length issues?

$350 is a bit more than I was planning on spending.

The stacker is a nice case, but I would have to add a few of those 3.5 HD modules. Wish there was a local supplier, so I could test drive it out first. :(

Maybe it would be worth it to buy some metal tools, and just mod the YCC-801 to make it do what I want. Though, dunno how hard it would be to lengthen the case 2" to get a fan blowing over the HDs. I would assume I would need a tourch/welder or maybe a rivet gun of some type. Decisions... Decisions....