Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kobalt_merged

So many cases...and most are junk

Guest Kobalt

I have been trying to find a case, that has a removeable mobo tray, and drive cage. The drive cage must be 'normal' and not rotated 90. (Using SATA converters, and those stick out too far). Needs to hold 6 3.5" HDs.

And in the front of the case, there should be a place to stick fans to cool the HDs. Would also be nice if the drive spacing was more than 2-3 mm that most cases seem to have now.

The case I am using now has drive cages, and removeable mobo tray, (Globalwin YCC-801)

It doesn't have front/side panel audio/usb/firewire, and really only room for 4 HDs, and no fans that hit the HDs.

I have looked at newegg, zipzoomfly, and others, and can't seem to find a 'perfect' case for me.

I don't really care what it is made of. Tool-less would be a +.

Anyone got some ideas?

Um CM stacer? Even if they tray is not removable it is so large you should not need it.

The Antec/cheftec/cheming soho server cases and similar ones are very nice again no removable tray but large enough it is not a priority. The one issue is that some of the really long cards would interfer with the hard drive cables I got the 90 degree USB SATA for the one directly across. They do have bigger ones that wil hold even more.

I dont have this model but one similar and have had many of these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage.as...se%20-%20Retail

Guest Kobalt

You know, I forgot all about full tower/server cases. :O

I was trying to find a mid-tower that had all that.

This case almost fits the bill:

http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/cas...6070b/page3.htm

IMAGE062.jpg

I just wonder if a normal PSU cords would be long enough to reach everything, or would I end up getting a bunch of extentions?

Thanks for pointing me to the right direction though. :nod:

Guest Kobalt

Hey, I got to thinking, if I use one of these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16841101035

Would it fit in a Gloabalwin YCC-801 case? That would be perfect, since it comes with a fan...

I just can't tell what size it is ? Or is this only for Lian Li cases? It doesn't say much of anything. :confused:

I got one of these. You can fit upto six hard drives in two removable 3.5" bays. No removable mb tray, but its got lots of room so I don't find it to be an issue. Very mod friendly case and you can get it in alot of different colors.

Maybe try the ThermalTake Armour series case! Im sure it has all of that...just check it out on the TT site!

The TT Armor is a great case, but doesn't have a removable mobo tray. It's big enough not to really need one, but would still nice to be have nonetheless.

Guest Kobalt

Thanks for the replies guys. This should keep me busy looking for a bit. :)

Say, have any of you ever used this?

807_pList1.jpg

I assume it is only for cases that don't have slide mounts in the 5.25 bays?

While pricey, I gotta give a shout out to MountainMods and their U2-UFO. It is so choice. If you have the means I highly recommend picking one up. Almost tool-less (I had to use a screwdriver to get the thumbscrews out the first time, but that's it). Hard drive cage is removable, holds 9 drives, and is cooled by 2 120mm fans (it's mounted in the back of the case, though). MB tray is removable. 2 power supply mounts. In addition to the left and right panels being removable, the top is removable as well.

http://homepage.mac.com/nam65/PhotoAlbum203.html

You probably don't want to tool up for such a job but I had to have a slider also. I salvaged the rails from a medical door and went from there. the psu is on the top in the center and works out perfectly.

If my wife throws me out, I will have to sell all.

I have been trying to find a case, that has a removeable mobo tray, and drive cage. The drive cage must be 'normal' and not rotated 90. (Using SATA converters, and those stick out too far). Needs to hold 6 3.5" HDs.

And in the front of the case, there should be a place to stick fans to cool the HDs. Would also be nice if the drive spacing was more than 2-3 mm that most cases seem to have now.

The case I am using now has drive cages, and removeable mobo tray, (Globalwin YCC-801)

It doesn't have front/side panel audio/usb/firewire, and really only room for 4 HDs, and no fans that hit the HDs.

I have looked at newegg, zipzoomfly, and others, and can't seem to find a 'perfect' case for me.

I don't really care what it is made of. Tool-less would be a +.

Anyone got some ideas?

Sign in to follow this