Opteron 165 or AMDX2 3800 ??

ciberfog

Opteron 165 or AMDX2 3800 ??

I want atleast 2.5 ghz, I will put a Watercooling on it, and yeah still looking for the best mobo, and the best ram for it

Guest shaolin95

No offense but this gets ask almost daily. The answer is mainly the same one each time...majority chose the 165. I agree a 100% as you can tell by my sig.

Great mobo choice and while I love OCZ Ram ive hear good think about gskill too.

No offense but this gets ask almost daily. The answer is mainly the same one each time...majority chose the 165. I agree a 100% as you can tell by my sig.

Great mobo choice and while I love OCZ Ram ive hear good think about gskill too.

Im sorry for the question! just want to be sure about spending money on the good stuff asking to the expert people

Thanks a lot guys

I bought both the Opteron 165 and an X2 3800. The 3800 overclocked better for me, so I stuck with that one. It's pretty much luck of the draw (but most people are having better luck with the Opterons).

BTW, per the AMD website, the extra cache in the Opteron (1MB vs 512KB per core) translates to 200 extra in the performance rating (PR) while each MHz of true speed equates to 2 extra in the PR.

2.0GHz X2 w/512KB cache = 3800+ PR

1.8GHz Opteron 165 w/1024KB cache = ~3600+ PR