Sign in to follow this  
fabiaN

New power supply?

Is it physically smaller than the OCZ Powerstream 600?

The 600 is somewhat longer & interferes w/ a 120mm blowhole fan. I presently have the blowhole devoid of cooling because of this.

could someone tell me if its compatible with ATA harddrives, because I'm about to order it :O!

Angry, it can power a ATA harddrive...right?

wow im a power supply noob -_-

why wouldnt it be able to power all hard drives????

Do you have a Forton Epsilon to compare with? Nothing important, just curious to what might be the difference between them.

nope, don't have one

Is it physically smaller than the OCZ Powerstream 600?

The 600 is somewhat longer & interferes w/ a 120mm blowhole fan. I presently have the blowhole devoid of cooling because of this.

yep...its smaller...its like a Fortron BlueSTorm 500w in size, and in quietness

All reports indicate that they are the same FSP units as the Epsilons, likely tweaked a bit by OCZ though, and probably a better warranty...nice psu goodness ;)

btw...my epsilon is equally silent.

ZipZoomFly has them for $159.00 + free shipping. Just ordered mine today.

Hey AG, if 'n you were gonna have to pay for this psu, would you order one for your own personal rig?

ZipZoomFly has them for $159.00 + free shipping. Just ordered mine today.

Hey AG, if 'n you were gonna have to pay for this psu, would you order one for your own personal rig?

IN A FREAKIN HEARTBEAT!!!

I love love love my Fortron BlueStorm 500w psu

Love it to death

I LOVE my OCZ psu's (even my 600w Powerstream which is strong but sorta noisy with the fan)

this 700w GX...I can't say enough good about it

keep in mind I've only had it running for what...5 days?

But it is blasting out my Crossfire X1900 rig just fine, and it will be going into my new "Main Rig" which will have the 3200-DR board, X2 4400+ cpu, 2GB OCZ GX or EB, 2 X1900XT Crossfires, Audigy2 ZS, DangerDen watercooling with dual 12v DDC pumps, and probably 10 fans (it is a CM Stacker case after all!)

That sounds great man, X1900CF system, uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................

ya maybe I'll actually get to play some games on it?

not before youve benched the bejeezus out of it and posted the results lol :nod:

not before youve benched the bejeezus out of it and posted the results lol :nod:

well, I bought another Coolermaster Stacker case from AceGoober, and just waiting for it to arrive

I have a choice to make when it arrives

Asus 975X (this board has Crossfire built into the chipset...and it will be a while before DFI's 975X board comes out for Conroe)

Pentium D 930 (dual-core 3.0Ghz, 2x2MB L2 cache)

2GB OCZ XTC PC4000

2x X1900XT Crossfire

Audigy2 ZS

OCZ GamerXtreme 700w psu

3x 80GB Hitachi SATA II hdd's in RAID-0

DangerDen TDX cpu waterblock

2x DangerDen Tyee full ATI X1900 waterblock

Black Ice Extreme dual-120mm radiator

2x 12v DDC waterpump

OR

DFI Lanparty CFX3200-DR Crossfire motherboard

X2 4400+ dual core AMD64

2GB OCZ XTC PC4000

2x X1900XT Crossfire

Audigy2 ZS

OCZ GamerXtreme 700w psu

3x 80GB Hitachi SATA II hdd's in RAID-0

DangerDen TDX cpu waterblock

2x DangerDen Tyee full ATI X1900 waterblock

Black Ice Extreme dual-120mm radiator

2x 12v DDC waterpump

not sure what I'm gonna build yet....luckily ATI sent me 4 X1900XT Crossfire cards to test with so I can build both if I really want (not trying to brag...if it makes you feel any better, I will end up spending most of my time on the forum helping you people instead of enjoying it playing all the latest games)

Conroe FTW.

but i think you will be disappointed if you crossfired with that 930. i know the intel chipsets are rockin for crossfire but theres nooooo way your gonna see the same performance benefits with the earlier pentiums as with the new conroe merom yonah class chips. i would definately (personally) go with the 4400 and 3200CF. i know your itchin to get some intel clockin goin on and i'm lookin forward to seein results. i hope you post em here even tho its not DFI stuff.

but i still think you will get more satisfaction from the good old DFI + AMD setup

IN A FREAKIN HEARTBEAT!!!

I love love love my Fortron BlueStorm 500w psu

Love it to death

I LOVE my OCZ psu's (even my 600w Powerstream which is strong but sorta noisy with the fan)

this 700w GX...I can't say enough good about it

keep in mind I've only had it running for what...5 days?

But it is blasting out my Crossfire X1900 rig just fine, and it will be going into my new "Main Rig" which will have the 3200-DR board, X2 4400+ cpu, 2GB OCZ GX or EB, 2 X1900XT Crossfires, Audigy2 ZS, DangerDen watercooling with dual 12v DDC pumps, and probably 10 fans (it is a CM Stacker case after all!)

Thanks for the purchase reassurance AG. I look forward to paying the increased electric bill :)

Speaking of electric bills, you better negotiate a volume utility rate once you get your latest rig built.

Sign in to follow this