New power supply?

fabiaN

Hey guys!

I own the Coolmax 550w power supply and I was wondering if I should upgrade to the 700w OCZ GameXstream power supply?

Any input is appreciated! :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys!

I own the Coolmax 550w power supply and I was wondering if I should upgrade to the 700w OCZ GameXstream power supply?

Any input is appreciated! :)

I just got the 700w Gamer OCZ psu today...holy smacks man 4 separate 18A 12v rails...and it looks like a Fortron BlueStorm psu and it is fantastically quiet!

I would get one easily...even the 600w GX psu...

lol

well

I get mine directly from OCZ

but ZZF or Newegg should have them I suppose...SVC should have them soon too

BTW, I used to live around I-4 and Lee Rd...and used to work for Cheap Guys Computers lol

lol i aint been in Orlando in...5 years or more

I worked for Cheap Guys back when AthlonXP were just getting into the XP1700's and Ti4200 cards were becoming all the rage etc (before ATI Radeons made such a big splash even)

ya i just hooked it up to the CFX3200-DR rig:

DFI Lanparty CFX3200-DR motherboard

3200+ Venice

2x1GB Ballistix PC4000

2x X1900XT Crossfire ATI

2x 80GB Hitachi SATA II RAID-0

Asus 52x CD-ROM

Floppy

booted right up, voltages are dead-on (12v on the bios reads 12.35, but the DMM shows 12.06, 5v shows 4.96 in the bios but the DMM shows 5.01, 3.3v shows 3.26v in the BIOS but the DMM shows 3.38v)

nice and quiet (as soon as the damn Xfire turbines stop whining at full speed anyway...you can't hear a damn thing over them until the drivers finally kick in lol)

ya i just hooked it up to the CFX3200-DR rig:

DFI Lanparty CFX3200-DR motherboard

3200+ Venice

2x1GB Ballistix PC4000

2x X1900XT Crossfire ATI

2x 80GB Hitachi SATA II RAID-0

Asus 52x CD-ROM

Floppy

booted right up, voltages are dead-on (12v on the bios reads 12.35, but the DMM shows 12.06, 5v shows 4.96 in the bios but the DMM shows 5.01, 3.3v shows 3.26v in the BIOS but the DMM shows 3.38v)

nice and quiet (as soon as the damn Xfire turbines stop whining at full speed anyway...you can't hear a damn thing over them until the drivers finally kick in lol)

Do you have a Forton Epsilon to compare with? Nothing important, just curious to what might be the difference between them.