Ever Heard of this PSU

watsonte

Works Power Industrial Grade 600 W SLI/Cross-Fire Ready PSU w/ Real Time Wattage Consumption Display

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ind...roducts_id=4358

Trying to find a PSU that wants to work with my Expert Motherboard...I cant seem to get the cold boot issue fixed RMA's didnt do the trick so I am going to try the cap mod maybe and then move on to a new PSU.

Not looking for Recommendations to by OCZ products or to pay $20 to get my PC Power & Cooling PSU fixed, I have tried a PC Power & Cooling ASL and there are still cold boot issues only with that one it was like a 50/50 chance of it starting up.

Never heard of the brand or company. It would be in your best interest to get a PSU on the recommended list. IMO getting a 600 or 700w OCZ GamerXStream would be the best. Sold at monarch computer and zip zoom fly for $150-180 USD. I myself will be ordering the 600w version anytime now...

Whats the big difference between the OCZ gamer extreme and the other OCZ products. I have tried a 600W Powerstream no difference, also I have heard stories of the 600W burning up.

Also my case wouldnt place nice with the gamer extreme. It looks like the fan would be blocked by the metal plate in my case that supports the PSU. I have to install the PSU upside down to allow room for the cables.

you might be able to find out who makes it i saw somwhere a site that had pretty much tracked down all the makers and who rebadged them can't remember where but go with a reccomended psu you don't want to be going through the cold boot again

Works Power supply made it onto the AMD Athlon™ MP Processor Desktop approved power supply list. Here is a review of the Works 500w PSU. Looks interesting, I wonder how they compare to Angry's favorite SkyHawks.. the company hails from China and considers itself "among the few professional computer power supply manufacturers in Asia". :D

Thats what has spiked my curiousity about this PSU...It seems like its a decent PSU but I am trying to find someone who may have ever used or come in contact with someone that has used this brand. It looks good on paper but is it good in practice?.....The recommended list is a great list of good PSUs but the cost and for the lack in fixing my issue is causing me to look elsewhere and this seems to be the one unknown but good PSU....kinda like Skyhawk