My two problems after install

Howdy all.

Completed my RD580 install yesterday.

I have two problems.

1. I have a 60% Boot success rate. Always sticks on diagnostic code 50. retrying several cold boots eventually allows the system to boot. Raising the ram voltage helped moderately, but the problem still persists. It's pretty lame they integrated this nice diagnostic LED system without telling us what the damn codes translate to.

2. I have an unknown PCI device in the device manager after installing all my hardware drivers. Everything works great (when it boots), including crossfire, x-fi, ULI raptor raid, and ethernet teaming, so i have no idea what this left over device is....

Thanks in advance for any tips/info!

Have you manuallly entered memory timings? What is your tref set at? For the unknown PCI device, are you using onboard sound?

Speaking of the onboard sound, even if you ARE NOT using it I found I had to install the drivers to get rid of the "PCI Device", even though I am not. Then it went a way and I went on about my business.

Have you manuallly entered memory timings? What is your tref set at? For the unknown PCI device, are you using onboard sound?

I did try many different attempts at manual timing dfinitions, but NEVER accomplished a successful boot. For now, i am allowing all timings to be controlled by SPD. (and i am running at 200MHz for stability right now)

My ram is Mushkin XP4000 2gb kit. If anyone has any info on memory timings and settings that work with this i would greatly appreciate it. Also, which slots are preffered for UCCC? I personally think slots 1 and 3 are providing better stability, but would not mind an expert opinion.

In regards to the unknown PCI device, i will investigate the onboard sound solution, even though i am positive it has been disabled in BIOS.

Thanks for the input!

Sorry, don't know what settings to use for UCCC. I've got TCCD and the setting that helps most is TREF 3207 while everything else changes to get max stable oc. Having the optimal TREF for UCCC may help.

I'll let you know if I come across anything.

Is it the RED XP4000 as in the XP4000 with RED heatspreaders? Yeah, you need at least 2.8v just to run that sucker so jump the voltage to 2.8 just to make sure and see if it's stable that way.

The reason is that the XP4000 uses UTT modules which might need a few more volts just to run.

Is it the RED XP4000 as in the XP4000 with RED heatspreaders? Yeah, you need at least 2.8v just to run that sucker so jump the voltage to 2.8 just to make sure and see if it's stable that way.

The reason is that the XP4000 uses UTT modules which might need a few more volts just to run.

No, it is the black PCB and black HS. I am certain it uses UCCC.