Computer won't boot after bios update

hey, i just used winflash to flash my bios to the 4/6/2006 bios update and it went to restart the computer but wouldn't restart. it sat there with no signal to the monitor, my hard drive light on and it was trying to read my cd & dvd rom drives. so i held in the power button, powered off the psu, reset the cmos, turned it back on and after it lists the pci devices, it sits there for a second and then just restarts the computer. it doesn't try too boot from removeable, rom, or hard disks. if i hit escape during the little splash screen i can choose which device to try to boot from first and if i do that, the same thing happens. it lists the pci devices, and then doesn't try to access anything (removeable/rom/hdd). no lights come on, no bells or whistles go off, it just reboots. any ideas on whats wrong or how to fix it?? thanks

i just had the same problem a few days ago, after updating the bios. you need a ps/2 keyboard. power on the system while keeping the Insert key pressed. that should reset your bios to defaults. do not try to boot, it may not work. make sure to enter the bios and set everything up. set the boot devices, memory timings, etc.

that did it for me, allthough my case was different. i run RAID0 and there was no way it could boot after the "bios update+reset to defaults" since RAID0 was disabled.

thanks

yap, insert will do nothing but clear the cmos. as i said, you needed to enter bios and load the defaults. that's about it. hope you won't run in anymore problems.

sweet...i held insert but that didn't do anything ? but i pressed del to get into th bios, lol and load optimized defaults, rebooted and it works.