Sign in to follow this  
watsonte

Even an RMA doesnt fix the Cold boot

Guest maverick

Got the same error with the same powersupply OCZ powerstream 520w. Still no fix. I switch to an old Antec 420w and everything works like a charm. I'll try another bios but won't bet my pay on it. Hope you get it working.

Got the same error with the same powersupply OCZ powerstream 520w. Still no fix. I switch to an old Antec 420w and everything works like a charm. I'll try another bios but won't bet my pay on it. Hope you get it working.

I have an OCZ powerstream 520w, it dont work fine, because it turns more noisy in the last months.

When i have money to buy another one PSU y send the OCZ to RMA, if I fix the boot problem I say it to you.

Sorry for mi english.

I still have a board like that. I RMA'ed the PSU and was going to be getitng a OCZ PowerStream 520 apap. Just go to wait on refund now. Its been at there office for one week processing. I will send them an email tommorrow asking about it.

If that PSU is not working for you, I dont know what I am going to do. I have been trying everything for a few weeks now.

Not one person has given us a reason or how to fix this issue here or through DFI support.

One thread says RMA the PSU.

Other thread says RMA the motherbaord.

Niether have fixed some peoples issues.

One or both have fixed others.

I dont know what to do next either man.

I am out of cash to be sending parts back and forth. No one really should have to go through more money than the mobo and PSU cost in shipping things back to get fixed. I wish I gould help you, becuase then I would be helping my self.

Mabye someone with a real fix will post here, or just ignore it. Who knows. I guess all we can do is keep asking.

i can't boot in dual channel, long beep, worked for months then, beeeep, even with the ocz powerstream, i said it before, it starts with buy 10 cpu psu and mb from us, when you come back, we don't know, thanks come again, here, go flash your cmos for a week, when you come back for a fix, we'll send you read the whole forum archives for two weeks, because the truth is we don't have no fix all we know is this thing fits in this slot and buy my stuff,

In the end, noone has a fix, RMA this for a week, did anyone fix this with randomly sending RMA's? from the 300 pages i have read, no, fact is they dont know so go clear your cmos for 2 weeks, classic :/

I have a Venus with the cold boot issue. I've tried 2 psu's, an Athena 500W and now a 520W OCZ. Cold boot seems to be more prevalent with the OCZ (go figure).

DFI Venus 2006/01/17

AMD Opteron 170 (2.55 ghz oc)

MSI X1800 XT

Olevia 26' LCD

1 GB (2x512)Patriot PC4800 xlbk (1.1)

OCZ Powerstream 520W

Sapphire Theatrix 550 pro

ATI HDTV Wonder

Dual Seagate 160 GB sata (no raid)

Buffalo wireless G pci

Microsoft MCE 2005