Sign in to follow this  
kama_leon@hotma

computer turns off after a second of turning it on.

Hey guys, this is a new one for me. Turned the computer off to do some dust cleaning and removing some extra loud fans that were not needed.

When i went to start it... cool boot issue.... my board is not an stranger to this so did the cmos and booted with the one stick that boots with 'low' voltage..

After boot, the previous bios settings were replaced and second memstick installed... Booted fine into windows and used for a while..

THE PROBLEM:

Turned the computer off again, and this time when i went to turn it on:

1) The computer would turn on for a second, during that one second, fans starts to spin.

2) A short beep and it computer powers off.

All this in about a second's time.

Solutions that i have tried....:

CMos, used of one ram stick in every slot, disconected everything until everything that was left was video, one ram, cpu.. == same problem

even tried with no rams and spare ram sticks.

At this point im cluless and ran out of ideas, i hope i dont have to rma the board (hate to have a long down time)

Computer Specs:

CPU: AMD 3200 venice

Ram: 512MB x 2 -> Musking redlines 4000

PSU: True-Cool 510 sli

MB: NF4 SLI-DR

Video: 7900GT

Sound: Audigi2

Cpu was running at 1.45v

Ram was running at 3.2v (245mhz)

Anyone got any clue??? cuz i ran out of them.

When you push the power button on the computer hold it for a second or so rather than just pushing it in and releasing it straight away. I had a problem with my old computer where if I just push the button and released it straight away I would get the problem your having.

I am guessing my problem was the circut wasnt being connected long enough to keep the computer turned on, holding the button solved that for me, so you may want to give it a try. :)

Disconnect the case power button and try to start it with the onboard start button and see what that does? (at the very least it will take one thing out of the loop)

Guest GripS

Build the system with the bare essentials outside the case. It's a bit of work but it's worth a shot at this point.

Are you sure all the conecters are plugged properly into the board, on my motherboard it requres 3 points of power to the board the work properly - the 24pin connecter the 8 pin connecter and the floppy connecter that is located above the first video card slot.

Not necessarily the cold boot issue. I had a problem where I plugged my Panaflo into my Mobo and it would die. The thing was a medium panaflo, so it uses FAR LESS power than the max on the board, but the board wouldn't take it. Odd huh? Stuck it in a fan controller and I could boot up.

When the fan was in the mobo, I would power on for half a second. The fan would spin for half a second and stop...

Cold boot should be a lttle different