MP3 players

pkilway

I'm looking to join this MP3 playing revolution. Everyone keeps talking about how great iTunes is, but the Apple mp3 players are so expensive compared to some of the other manufacturers.

With that in mind, are all mp3 compatible with iTunes? I was looking at this little number;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16855125008

Seems like a great price for a 1gb mp3 player. But will it work with iTunes??? Anyone have a 1Gb mp3 player less then $80 that they like enough to suggest?

I just recently moved to apple ipod with the whole itunes thing not liking it so much but I have a 30 gb Zen mp3 player that is fairly decent personaly only difference is one can play videos the other can't. for more info on the zen look in my sig for my fs/ft thread.

Guest SuppA-SnipA

Any cool mp3 player at 1 gb of flash memory, and with upgradable socket for SD cards.

ITunes only works with Apple products.

Apple sucks.

I Have a Creative Zen Nano 512, only holds about 120 songs but the price is right and its open mass storage compliant… it works just like a thumb drive, no drivers needed. Uses one AAA battery that last about 15hrs

The single best flash based MP3 player has to be the Cowon JetAudio U3, open mass storage, Ogg Vorbis and Flac, FM, line in recording and video support. Probably the one main reason it gets such good reviews is it has twice the output power of any other player, it will drive a full sized set of cans to earsplitting levels. The accessories are a little sparse though, it doesn’t come with a charger or an armband, its USB charging only out of the box and a charger from Cowon is another $35.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16855603833

Guest nibs

I haven't used i-Tunes in a while, but I think there is an option to burn dled music to a cd that works in a regular cd player. So if you really wanted a song that you could only find on i-Tunes you could burn it to a cd (or an iso) and then convert it to an mp3, and then put it on your mp3 player.

I have a SanDisk Sansa e130 which I'd rate around a 6.8 overall. It doesn't have the greatest audio quality, and it can't charge its own batteries, but it works, and it has an SD slot for memory expansion. The FM tuner is nice too. I'd recommend going with something else though. It think some of their other products are better.

If your going to go with a flash memory mp3 player, hands down I would recommend a SanDisk product. For the features you get and with their low prices, not much comes close imho. If you dont mind MIR's you can get them for pretty cheap at CC or BB. Infact, they mp3 player you have a link to, is the same one that I got my 11 year old sister for X-mas. They layout of it is a little awkward, but pair it with a nice set of earbuds, and it has awesome sound quality.

If your going to with a HDD based player. As much as I dont want to say it, I would have to go with an Ipod. People may bash them because they are Apple, but in reality, they hit the mark with it. Its a damn good player. Not only are they good, but they have the largest market for accessories as well, which is something not many people consider until they need one and cant find it for their player. I have seen many a frustrated costumer because of that.