Ok here is my issue, I have the DFI Infinity nf4 SLI motherboard and for some reason it seems to have my gfx card (7600GT) set to 8x PCIe.

I've read somewhere that in the bios if something is checked for SLI, it sets both slots to 8x, and if its set for 1 card, the slot is then x16.

I searched through my bios and I cannot seem to find this setting, any help would be appreciated

note: i'm using the BIOS that came with my MB, never flashed it nothing, so everything is essentially at defaults, I did however load optimized defaults if that makes any diffrence.

and i'm using the nvidia properties in windows to see what speed the slot is going at.

thanks in advance guys.

I have no idea if my board is "expert" or not, but seeing as my BIOS doesn't have a PCI-E config in the BIOS Gene area I suppose that i don't.

What are the diffrences between a regular nf4 infinity SLI and a nf4 Infinity SLI Expert?

is it only BIOS options? and if I don't have this expert board, will i be able to configure it to allow x16 on a single slot?

ah ok, well thanks for the info, I knew that they couldn't use the whole x8 much less x16, but i just wanted to put it at x16... for... no good reason lol.

but in any event, i suppose it doesn't matter, thanks for the help.

One quick way you can tell is go to the nvidia control panel......display properties-->settings-->advanced--->geforce 6600gt? on the first menu you should have something that says x8 or x16 listed next to Bus above the driver version.

• 2 months later...

anotheraddict ... are you happy with your board ...?

I have the same and also faced the question you had on the pci-e slot .... funny thing is that when I ran 3dmark06 ... nvidia properties tells me that the slot is x4 ... then when I go to bios and load optimised settings it goes back to x8.

• 3 weeks later...