Case Lighting

I was wonder which you liked better: Neon Lights or UV?

I wanted to give my case a little glow and I was wondering if I should get the lighted fans or the UV reactive ones.

Also, would it be better to get a single UV cold cathode for all the fans or to get the little ones that can be mounted on the fans.

It always depends on what color you're talking about ,blue will definitely light up more than UV.I have one of those fan ones (blue) it's a friggin desk lamp too bright to my taste.CCFL's to me are better than plain neon smaller and nicer too.

My advice is if you really want bright go with blue ccfl's .

You need at least 2 UV CCFL's to get a good light effect, if you do decide to get those ,buy one that you can plug two in the inverter that way if you decide to get another one you wont have to hide the second inverter ;)

Edited by kobalt

Well... someone correct me if I'm wrong on this...

Neons look better but produce more heat.

CCFLs are more faded color but generate less heat...

UVs take at least 2-3 to really get a good glow.

Personally, I don't use either CCFLs or Neons... my case is lit up by LEDs only.

I like your case and that is the type of glow I'm looking for. The side panel reminds me of a guy from the movie "Nightmare Before Christmas" for some reason.

Is it really bright in person?

I was going to go with UV. The case holds 7 fans and I was going to get the UV light that wraps around the fan.

I hope your not calling me stupid with the smilie...

I don't like picture because they hardly ever look like the real thing.

The color scheme is green.

Edited by JJHx2005

Is it really bright in person?

Yes. :) I used 10,000 mcd LEDs to mod the Vantec nexus. Which made it brighter... also, used 6 cooler master 4 red led neon case fans which added to the glow. Also replaced once of the PSU fans with the same fan as above. :P If that wasn't enough, I used a dozen of the lazer leds placed around the window and inside the case. :)

As Bishop, LinuXProX, Psywar, PostalSID, Sykocus, Freejack, Celtica, or anyone from the lan party.