NTLDR missing ??????

Hi all

I got it working late last night.. went to bed then booted up this morning:;

this shows up on the boot NTLDR is missing..

Press Ctrl+alt+del to restart but I have USB keyboard and mouse cant get Restart

1. how do/ or can I work around this without it doing what it did yesterday and then go to "NO BOOT UP" just hung up on the 2nd red led with the beep

2. what is the NTLDR sounds like a Nvidia thing but then I am not sure..

Thanks

NTLDR is a microsoft file key in the booting up of xp.

The symptoms you describe can occur for 2 reasons:-

1) damaged sectors on hard drive

2) memory errors usually found when oveclocking.

have you run any memtest from bios ???

I never got that far I was so tired last night then the DSL provider was fixing the lines . Will this lock me up if something is wrong as I would not know how to work around that yet either..

FORGOT I did see something in red at boot saying Nivida No strap or something like that it flashed so fast

other problem:: if I just shut the system down will it go nuts on me and I have to start all over by clearning cmos and all that stuff again ..::

Is there a work around this if no keyboard detected to at least get to into the boot up again. Or am I just having wishfull thinking .. I dont care at this pt if I have to crash windows..

but I sure dont what to go through what I did yesterday all day today.. as far as the ram I have never OC anything as I dont know how yet.. so not sure why it would be doing that.. but then who knows.. I may have not set something right after 16 hrs of this yesterday..

Thanks

Before the Windows splash screen (LOGO) comes up press F8 and go to "Known last working configuration" and go to Profile and see if this fixes your issue. Please follow the suggestions above as well. Also a Virus/Spyware/Adware could of cause this issue for you. Good Luck!

I had this same issue last night,

Memory fault, check the voltage.

I tried 5-2-2-2 @ 2.6V on my Ballistix and it wouldnt boot.

You NEED to clear the CMOS though, with the jumper, taking the battery out is not enough.

Clear the CMOS jumper.

Restart, it will all work trust me! :)

so because I have my IDE hooked up ( just a backup drive) some files went there.. I never installed Win XP with either my D drive or ide drive ever hooked up...I just install win on that 37 GB raptor..

IT looks like a true crash is in order refomatt win and then just start new.. go find all the divers, etc by then it is a total complete set up.I dint miss anything did I??.

I didnt mess with the ram settings not even sure where they are in the bios but Id like too.. lol.. "New lesson at different time".

Then I thought I was going to do the new bios lol at this pt not so sure.. but then I might as well go out in a bang right. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If youve added an ide drive then when xp boots up it finds the ide drive 1st & tries to boot from it - the solution ids to set your hd with your os appearing 1st in bios Advanced Bios Features - Hard drive boot priority (move OS drive to top).

For future reference - you'll need to repeat the above if u clear cmos.

luck :)

got it without a hitch.. thanks all I did a combo of what all I read 1st thing was unplug my IDE drive.. rebooted to bios and held my breath.. got there...

it went right to win but now I think I best go ahead and fix the widow problem.. so I chose to crash and watch tv..

Thank you all for the help it was so much faster then me trying to figure this out with no clue..:)