Figured Out Why Comp Won't Run Memory In Orange Slots!!!!!

Hi guys after having the same problem as many of you in that my memory won't run in dual chan (orange slots 2+4) i took my pc to my friends house and got it out on the bench and did some tests, his cpu (amd 64 3200+) would work fine in my board and i could use the orange slots, My cpu in his (asus A8n SLi) board wouldn't work in dual channel. I tested his ram in my board with no luck

so to conclude guys it's more than likely your cpu that's had it! sorry to say but thought i'd let you guys know as it has been frustrating the hell out of me!

well crap this is bad news... I have tried two brand new OEM cpus both with the same problem (one worked fine dual channel in every other mobo, and one untested in any other mobo)... I wonder how long it will be until I get a processor that works.

no the yellow slots won't work except if i use slots 1+2 or slot 1 by it self (yellow+orange) but this is the same problem as the ram will only function in single channel! It is the memory controller on the cpu, as my cpu won't run dual channel in my friends Asus motherboard

Huh? Pushing past 1.65 is not a reason for a CPU Memory controller to crap out, I ran my old Winchester over 1.9Vcore sometimes, it worked fine when I sold it. A few people did have problems when running a high Vdimm with low Vcore on Expert boards and using the shipping BIOS. The problem is probably incompability with the Opterons, I don't think any motherboard officially supports s939 Opterons and there might be a reason for that, myself I can't use the Yellow slots with mine.

that's not a bad thing nehil as atleast you have dual channel lol i don't :( the most i pushed through my cpu was 1.55v that was a 1 off boot up to see if i could get 3ghz temps were fine however. 24/7 i ran my cpu at 2.8ghz with only 1.35v through it fully prime stable so there is something fishy somewhere! Think nehil is right tho as 99 out of 100 people that get this problem have opteron's! I heard of a guy who had the problem with his opty, bought a new opty and got the same problem on the new one!

needless to say i shall be going with a x2 3800 very soon :)