A Well Built Case From A Well Known Company...

Programer1

Changed Choices To:

Antec P160 - Gigabyte 3D Aurora - Cooler Master Centurion 2 - Cooler Master CM Stacker 810 ATX. I realy can't see why Lian Li's cases are expensive but I think they aren't worth the money.

Anyway now I know about the P160. Anything about the other three on the list Gigabyte 3D Aurora - Cooler Master Centurion 2 - Cooler Master CM Stacker 810 ATX specially the Centuration 2 because I like the way it looks.

Thanks...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can offer some experience on the superlanboy.....

Despite what some people say, it is pretty sturdy, I have had no warping or bending and I've been messing with it alot. That said, I don't transport it at all. If you manhandle it, I could see how you could bend things..It is VERY light and I really appreciate that part so as long as you are not too aggressive with it, the trade off is good. One thing, if you keep thumbscrews on both side panels instead of just pushing them into place, the case will be more sturdy. I wish it had one more external 5.25 bay but the overall space inside is acceptable. Some other nice things are the rubber feet and rubber mounting screws for the drives. I like how the 3.5 rack faces sideways, it makes cable management easier. Temp wise it seems to have pretty good airflow. I cut out the aluminum grill behind the front fan and that improved flow and noise. The front intake fan does not have a filter, so plan on getting one. The two antec fans are a little loud and the case overall does not dampen any noise. Most people might find it ok, but I want a quieter case. I'm actually considering the p180, GB Aurora and TT Shark. My other requirement is a door which I can lock to cover the power and reset switches(kid proof). The Aurora looks pretty darn good....There is a review of it with temp comparisons with the Shark at xbitlabs.com Aurora review xbitslabs.com....I just don't know if noise wise it will be an improvement over the lanboy and worth the price to upgrade. I hate buying a new component hoping to improve something and then in the end there isn't much difference.

If you have any more questions about the lanboy, let me know.

thanks for sharing Shredman.

well could any one tell me which 3 of these are quiet, good ar flow, fits most power supplies including OCZ PowerStream, has two USBs, one firewire, and audio ports on the front, high quality built, strong material which isn't cheap looking or fealing. I think #1 canidate is Antec P160 are there others? Such as aurora, let me know.

Thanks...

i have the antec p160 and I love it - the case is soooooooooooooo light its unbelievable - the removable motherboard tray is great - you can take it apart within seconds - totally strip it down (the case that is) - and have it all back together in no time - the hard drive trays are a plus ! and yes, you can hide hd cables completely by mounting them in reverse (which is great) - the fan blows right over hard drives and into the case - very good placement of fans - buy a good 120mm case for the front and the rear (the one that comes with it is not great) and you will be the most setisfied person ever ;)

antec also makes great 120mm fans - i use them - very awesome - i would buy this case again definitely !

i hope you make the right choice and go with it ;)

Addition to the P180 nightmare. Today i removed the front to do some cleaning and because down left it was not 100% accurate in place. It`s just hold by cheap butt plastic nipples of very low quality. Of course one broke and now the front is kinda

hanging around lose. This POS is going back today.

The P160 is a very nice case tho.

hi,

read some reviews about the P160 and the Aurora...

and finally decided to buy the P160 for 4 reasons:

1- The P160 looks better

2- The USBs, FireWire, & Audio Ports are easier to reach especially that my case gonna be on the floor.

3- Lots of tooless screws and the harddrive doesn't require a special tray

I could put more reasons but 3 are enough...

Thank You All For Your Help

solved...