Help with NF4 Expert overclocking settings

I am a newbie and new help with my BIOS settings for overclocking my system. My system config is in my Signature below. This board is terrific, but all the information is a bit overwhelming, as many of your have similar rigs to mine but different just the same. The problem that I am running into is when make the changes, whether exact or similar Windows will not load. Can someone help me get started.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

start with reading the guide at the front then change one thing at a time test, then change again don't go changing a whole heap of settings at one go. you'll never know what works and what don't

yes, its a bug in the board with sandra and speed fan, DO NOT USE THEM.

there is a switch to override the problem, but the last time i did it, the board never reset and died. just switch to everest or something.

that's good info, thanks. I guess that is why most of you use Everest. yfital I notice that you have a more up to date BIOS should I update mine as well. I have increase my FSB to 250 shooting for 2.80GHz +/- Do you think I can make it with the current BIOS?

hmm, for what i know, stick with the bios unless something isnt working...

i switched cause my board is reporting my cpu @ about 20c idle, which is at least 10c below what its really... so i used the latest so i can do a +10 degree for the cpu...

You can do anything with that bios. 2.8 Ghz seems very reachable. Keep the ram timings loose and get your cpu stable where you want it then start tightening up the Ram. My ten-pence.

thanks Dragoe, I did the opposite, I will set my memory timings back to auto and begin working on reaching my goal. One question though... At OCZ's website, they say the timings should be 2GB OCZ Gold PC-4000 @ 500MHz DDR @ 3-4-4-8 @ 2.8V here is the RAM's model number ocz5002044elge-k but with RAM timings set to auto when booting I see different timings, (3-4-4-7) is there something wrong with my memory or the board or is this normal?

Looks like I can only get as high as 2.55GHz without blue screening and instantly rebooting. No other changes maded yet. Suggestions?

Well then put your ram on a divider 180% (9/10). I dont use the OCZ gold, but with that much voltage and a pc4000 rating,,, 3-4-4-8 seems a bit slow. If your mobo recognizes your ram at 3-4-4-7 that doesnt seem like a bad thing to me.

If you slow your ram to 230mhz (255mhz on 9/10 divider) you might have more stability. Then you can crank on your CPU and find out what works stabily. Then go back and start working on the Ram. Good Luck.

this is gonna sound like a dumb question; but how and where I change the divider? RAM is still set to AUTO

Ignore the above... I think I've got it, but should I leave the FSB at 255 or change it to 230?