Can I Overclock A Sony Vaio

taz321

My girlfriend has a sony vaio desktop computermodel# PCV-R553DS and i looked on the net for some info on it like what type of motherboard can i overclock this computer i upgraded the ram in it to 256 and i know it has a pentium 3 650 can it be done????. Thanks alot

Have you looked in the bios thats the best place to start! See if you can adjust the FSB or anything that will give you a idea. Try and find the system specs aswell that always helps :D

I tryed already to adjust it from the bios it does let me turn up the multipler but the processor speed does not increase so i guees it is locked it there any thing else i can do i tryed looking on the web but i can't seem to find any info on it what else could i do. Thanks

You can try looking for a system Identifier. You could also try going into system info on the operating system to see if it will tell you anything. Another way is downloading a benchmarking program and look under the system info sometimes that will work. :D