moving a raid 0 array

I have two 300 gb drives stripped on the Nvidia sata. Can this array be moved as it is to the silicon image sata without losing the data. I want to move it so I can set up 3 74 gb raptors in raid 0 on the nvidia sata.

Thanks

I have two 300 gb drives stripped on the Nvidia sata. Can this array be moved as it is to the silicon image sata without losing the data. I want to move it so I can set up 3 74 gb raptors in raid 0 on the nvidia sata.

Thanks

Sorry dude, I don't think you can move them.

But just a question, have you managed to get RAID0 running on the Nvidia Sata connections? If so, can you tell me how? I've been trying for ages and been failing rather drastically.

Agent.

I have a 4x RAID-0 array of 80 GB drives, about 320 GB. But I'm not using all of it, and when I want to back it up or Ghost it to another drive, there's a lot of stuff I can burn to DVD and get it down to a reasonable 100 GB or so. I could Ghost all of that to a 60 or 80 GB drive with heavy compression (I happen to have an extra 200 GB for this - who doesn't?). So that's one way to rebuild your array, even if it seems obvious. Ghost it, nuke it, rebuild it to the SI controller, and ghost back. Ghost doesn't care about the underlying drive structure, it just sees a big NTFS partition.

Thats what I was afraid of, Well I have Tru Image so I guess Ill put it to use.

As far as how I got the raid 0 to work, didnt do anything special just plugged them in set it up in the nvraid boot up screen and went no problems with it. I did have problems with 2 raptors on the nvraid but I think it was due to needing to set up a delay of 3 seconds in the bios, I forget what the exact name of the setting is right now but Im hoping this will make it possible to raid the 3 raptors with no problems. One raptor is fast , two was very fast (befor it went wacky), Im hoping 3 will blaze, and when I can see my way clear am going for 4, if I can get the 3 stable.

As far as how I got the raid 0 to work, didnt do anything special just plugged them in set it up in the nvraid boot up screen and went no problems with it. I did have problems with 2 raptors on the nvraid but I think it was due to needing to set up a delay of 3 seconds in the bios, I forget what the exact name of the setting is right now but Im hoping this will make it possible to raid the 3 raptors with no problems. One raptor is fast , two was very fast (befor it went wacky), Im hoping 3 will blaze, and when I can see my way clear am going for 4, if I can get the 3 stable.

I'm getting a third raptor tomorrow too so I was wondering if I could shift the lots onto the nvRAID options. My previous problems was that windows detected the two drives as one. But i'll search for the delay function.

Can you remember where abouts in the BIOS is it? - I'm going to have a search some time this week.

Agent.

P.S. Sorry about hyjacking your thread...

i moved my old hds (seagate 250 sata1 raid 0) from my gigabyte nf3 motherbord to my to my current rig (sil to sil) but coulden't get it to showup on the nvidia controller.

got two more disks (sata2) and transferd all the data to the current rig and put the old raid in to the old computer(now a media server Htpc)

sil to sil yes

nvidia to nvidia yes

sil to nvidia no