SLi-DR died?

Ok guys I have been running my UT nf4 SLI-dr for about 4 months and then today it randomly died. I unhooked everything but the bare essentials and it still will not power up. It does not do anything or attempt to spin up. Only the yellow LED at the bottom of the board lights up. I put in anouther CPU, RAM, and Vid card. Still nothing. Any ideas.

-JS

I have all the yellow lights, but mine died today too.. hangs up in the red led and beeps. not sure why as yet.

Just keep reading I guess.. Im starting to sound like a whinning female 8 hrs into this.. and still no results.

Ok guys I have been running my UT nf4 SLI-dr for about 4 months and then today it randomly died. I unhooked everything but the bare essentials and it still will not power up. It does not do anything or attempt to spin up. Only the yellow LED at the bottom of the board lights up. I put in anouther CPU, RAM, and Vid card. Still nothing. Any ideas.

-JS

Need more info. Can you finish your sig?

Seasonic.

Try a different PSU!

BTW

Here is the way to read the Diagnostic LEDs.

4 LEDs on = Power applied, checking CPU

3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK, checking RAM

2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK, checking VGA

1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK, entering BIOS

0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System.

As long as you are in the BIOS including running memtest from the BIOS option, there will be one LED on.

Example: If you are getting 3 LEDs on, it means the rig is having trouble detecting the RAM.

The lower(PCI) Amber LED is the 5VSB indicator. The upper Amber LED is the RAM voltage indicator. Once the rig has started and been shut down the RAM LED will go out until the PSU is power cycled.

That PSU is one of the best made. Even beats out the OCZ one. But I have 2 other PSU's and its not that. My problem is that the Mobo is not starting up period. As in you hit the on button and nothing happens. Even the on button that is built into the mobo. The amber light is on the mobo but nothing is happening.

Make a call to Seasonic and they will tell you that they don't support DFI boards.

They blame the DFI board but we know that other manufacturers work so go figure.

Try another PSU.

That PSU is one of the best made. Even beats out the OCZ one. But I have 2 other PSU's and its not that. My problem is that the Mobo is not starting up period. As in you hit the on button and nothing happens. Even the on button that is built into the mobo. The amber light is on the mobo but nothing is happening.

The S12 has not had a compatability issue so far. It ran the board for 5 months with no trouble. I also said I tried 2 other PSU's. One an OCZ and the other an off brand. Each to the same result. So lets just throw out the PSU problem ;)

Today I tried swaping out the CPU with one that is working in anouther system. Still no go. Nothing spins up period. I also changed ram... still nothing. Looks like RMA is right around the corner unless anyone has any ideas.

just for $hits and giggles listen to exRoadie and try another PSU since you have a few lying around

but first clear the CMOS (a couple of hours battery out) and use only one stick of ram in the far orange slot

The S12 has not had a compatability issue so far. It ran the board for 5 months with no trouble. I also said I tried 2 other PSU's. One an OCZ and the other an off brand. Each to the same result. So lets just throw out the PSU problem ;)

Ok guys, its not the PSU. I even stated I tried 2 others including a OCZ. So no more getting on me about the PSU lol.