Sign in to follow this  
4lt3zz4

"error loading operating system"

After the first part of formating windows when the computer restarts itself with a count' down red bar. The dos shows "error loading operating system".

Both of the window set up cds I've used shows the same message and the same thing happends when I try to install windows with my old hardware set up and everything else.

But it used to work fine and installs windows with my old hard ware set up untill dealing with the new mother-boad.

Would the problem be the hard drive? Please reply asap please. Thank you very very very much.

BUMP I really need help

People will help you... Bumping your thread after 2 min's is not necessary !!

When you installed windows was the drive that you were installing windows on the ONLY hdd hooked up to the mobo ?

yes it's the only hdd hooked up on the mobo but I've changed to using only one ide cable on one of the slot on the mother board with master and slave configuration instead of two cables both setting it to master and now I receive "missing NTLDR". Is that a file in the windows set up disk?

Ahh... I'm not sure this helps. But I've had this problem before. My problem was, that I had two partitions on my hard drive, and it was booting into the wrong partition.

Now, yours might or might not be a similar problem. But my error message was the same. Heres what I did.

1. Get a PartitionMagic BootCD or any Windows Rescue CD (Google one)

2. But it into your CD drive, go into your BIOS, and put change the boot priority around.

3. Boot from it and play with the settings a little bit in the rescue CD.

Hope this helps...

yes it's the only hdd hooked up on the mobo but I've changed to using only one ide cable on one of the slot on the mother board with master and slave configuration instead of two cables both setting it to master and now I receive "missing NTLDR". Is that a file in the windows set up disk?

That's a system message when the bios can't find the OS

just out of curiosity what is the CD or DVD rom drive you're using to install the cd/dvd with and that is the exact model of hard drive you're tryimg to install to?

My guess is there's a jumper setting problem....

go into the BIOS and tell us if you can see your hard drive and optical drives detected.....all of them....if not, then you have a jumper/cable problem.

you have 2 IDE ports...make sure you do this...

1-Leave the hard drive ALONE on the IDE1 Port...

2-make sure the optical drivers are plugged on the same IDE cable on port 2

3-check the jumpers on both and make sure one is master and the other is slave..

DON'T use MASTER/CABLE SELECT, SLAVE/CABLE SELECT, CABLE SELECT/CABLE SELECT........

I can't stress this point enough, one master and the other slave on the same cable.

And re-arrange the BOOT sequence in the BIOS accordingly to boot your windows installation cd from the optical drive you chose as MASTER just to be on the safe side....