Starting overclocking

Hi people finally I receive my board from rma..and the things start to be good..first..a little oc..2400 (200x12) @1.750v prime stable...and now..I want go go up..I did a couple super pi just to test...@232x11 (2554) i did 38.645s...is this good?

Now I need some tips...

About the vcore...in the bios I put for ex 1.9 but in the mbm it shows 1.87...when do the voltage start to be critical?

About cpc on and off...I worked with it enabled..@what fsb should I disable it?

About timings

the stock timings of my mems are 2-2-2-5..but I heard the this board like the the 11..it is for stability or what?since my mems are ddr500 should I keep the 5 or the 11?

for testing stability..scince my mems are underclocked..I must only use small FFTs in prime right?

sorry about my english.[[]]

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome.

Yup 11 is better.Less chance of corruptin' windoze with a sata.(Nf2 likes it between 9-11) But the sata's don't like 9 or 10)) 38.6 is pretty good for a 1meg superpi. Keep it nice and cool and voltages shouldn't be too much trouble.Be sure you have a fan on your memory too. But to use less volt's for your OC is better if you can.(When you can) Most mobiles I've seen can do [email protected] vcore(1.7 @most)But some will need more. Each processor is diffrent some will do [email protected].(Mine needs 1.95 or there about's to do 2.6)

Mine's really nifty til' it get's past 2.5ghz then it turns into a real *&^^$%!!!..On voltage LOL

Board sensors really are not very accurate.(I think you'll have to fly by feel but other's will know more) Keepin' everything cool is most important. And a sturdy powersupply is as important. A weak psu can really mess up an OC.LOL

Edit: If you want a "toaster" prime mixed blend.

Edit2: When you need to switch to t2? Utt-ch5 IC's don't like t2(At least mine didn't). But each computer-processor-board-memory combonation. Is as diffrent as thier respective owners. You'll have to test everything as you go and see what works best for you.

the previous owner of my mobile had it on a abit nf7-s @217x12 @2.1v :S but with watercooling.

other thing..when I try to put fsb@230 the monitor doesn't turn on..it's the bios or what?currently I am with hellfire's rev3...

the previous owner of my mobile had it on a abit nf7-s @217x12 @2.1v :S but with watercooling.

other thing..when I try to put fsb@230 the monitor doesn't turn on..it's the bios or what?currently I am with hellfire's rev3...

To get above 230fsb your probably going to have to pump 3.3v vdimm through the ram. Mushkin say 3.3v to 3.5v so there is a good chance that you may have to do a vdimm mod to make full use of them.

3.3v @ 3.26v is good dont worry about it too much, its as close as ;)......not advisable to mod if you dont know what your doing and especially if ya dont know the mobo in the first place, OC with what you have at hand before attempting anything else, just some friendly advice ;)....

yup..I don't know nothing about mods..and I must know every thing on this board..and then when my options starting to finish..I'll do the mods..but then I wanna ask for help to configure the alpha timings..etc etc..

the previous owner of my mobile had it on a abit nf7-s @217x12 @2.1v .

That seems like an aweful lot of vcore for that speed. But mine isn't much better.

They are all diffrent though .

Board sensors? Really the only way to really see what is going on there is with a digital voltage meter.Or digital multi-meter. Board sensor's really are not very accurate. I use em' but they are not very good. they kinda' give a ballpark idea of what is happening.(Heat sensor is very important to me) But as far overclocking goes I wouldn't worry about em' too much about it as long as it running nice and cool and werks. Remember lower voltages when you can. Except on Winbond utt-ch5 IC's but don't forget the fan.

Just use the settin's that werk best...(Lotsa' testin' findin' em tho'LOL)

Good luck "Clay"

Edit PS: Hummm... If I remember right auto placed the alpha's on the utt-ch5 Mine sticks were OCZ though. @235 was 3-3-5-3-2-2-3 That should be a good starting point. Drives and slews were 4-11 4-11 4-11 You'll need "nf2 tweaker" and "S&M"to really learn these though. I never really mastered them myself. But I did get some better results playin" with them. Lot's and lots of testin' though. LOL

Abit of advice though don't try other poeple's alpha's unless you like hearin' yer' bios speaker squeal. And clearin' yer' cmos. ( Tried TheWizzards alpha's once They didn't werk fer' me! LOL) Those you have to figure on yer' own. Though we will tend to offer suggestion's. Enjoy and good lucK

EDit2: Goodness I got alot of help w/alpha's when I was tryin' to learn em'. "Neo"and "MedianOCer" really tried to teach me. So when ya need help I'll try to recall what I remember. But go slow one settin' atta' time. Other's will help ya' too. And some will know alot more. But testing is where you find your setting's.

Yep, utt CH5 default alpha timings are 3-3-5-3-2-2-3, but i can slightly pushed them to 2-2-4-3-2-2-3, running @242 MHz 2-2-2-11-13-16 1T 3.3V Vdimm 1.8V Vdd. I use cheapo TwinMOS Value 512MBx2, they don't even use BrainPower PCB, so the result is quite satisfying for me :nod:

Don't forget, put the RAMs at the outer slots, and use 1-10,4-11,4-11 Drive & Slew Rate settings -i took it from NeoAethyr suggestion, and the max super stable OC -memTest windows, OCCT, S&M, SP 2004- rose slightly from FSB 240 to 242. Thanx Neo :D

People..sorry I didn't say anything but I hadn't time..I realise one thing...in prime95 blend my oc isn't stable...but in small FFTs it is...why?memory timings?I don't even know what are the stock timigns of this mems..:S but the previous owner siad me to put 2-2-5 and I don't know about the CL...but I think they are CL2..anyone can help me?

Yup CL=cas-latency. I don't have an nf2 DFI right now. But if memory serve's try the mains like 11-2-2-2-2-13-15.(You can tighten some of them later.) I believe that's how they run On the LP-B's and the ho's.(I sure hope I got that right) Someone will jump in and correct me if I am in error.(But I don't think they'll need to) And yup those sticks are cas2.