Crossfire won't run

On another clean Windows install this afternoon I got the same blue screen with reference to ‘ati2dvag” when enabling Cross Fire in games. The first thing I get is a start up screen in a game and then the screen goes black, usually the mouse freezes and I just get a hard lockup. This time I got the black screen but the mouse did not freeze, after a few seconds I got the blue screen and an error message referring to “ati2dvag”.

I reset the machine and tried doing a “repair” with ATI Catalyst uninstallers. The repair did not work I kept getting an error message saying it could not find aticcc.msi? I then used the uninstaller. After rebooting I reinstalled the Catalyst 6.3’s and now Cross Fire works no problem.

On another clean Windows install this afternoon I got the same blue screen with reference to ‘ati2dvag” when enabling Cross Fire in games. The first thing I get is a start up screen in a game and then the screen goes black, usually the mouse freezes and I just get a hard lockup. This time I got the black screen but the mouse did not freeze, after a few seconds I got the blue screen and an error message referring to “ati2dvag”.

I reset the machine and tried doing a “repair” with ATI Catalyst uninstallers. The repair did not work I kept getting an error message saying it could not find aticcc.msi? I then used the uninstaller. After rebooting I reinstalled the Catalyst 6.3’s and now Cross Fire works no problem.

Well, I'm going to say I TENTATIVELY have it working. I had previously uninstalled ccc using the CAT program and installed 6.3 and then gone back to 6.4.. but anything worth doing once is worth doing twice so I tried it out and would you believe.. it works! I'm at a complete loss as to how this logic has worked.. so either that fixed it or that plus something else I had done fixed it. either way it SEEMS to be working. Thanks for everyones input. I'll be sure to post if it stops working again. =)