Computer Froze, Startup Issues Afterwards

Duing a rousing game of World of Warcraft earlier this evening, the computer locked up, the sound skipping like crazy. The only solution was to hit the reset button, which brought me to a black screen.

I turned the system off and let it sit for a couple of minutes, then fired it back up. IUt reached the "Detectiing IDE Drives..." part and hung up, the Hard Drive light flashing off and on in one second intervals.

Turned it off, re-turned it on to get:

"Re-setting CPU Voltage in BIOS, please enter SETUP" or something along those lines. I entered BIOS and restored Defaults (I have yet to change any settings in BIOS)

I turned it off, and opened it up, and checked conections, pressing them in. I shut the case and restarted, and it booted up fine. After getting into Windows, 10 minutes into it, I received a BSoD with a Machine Check Error. (Or something like that.. >:)

I've gotten a machine check bsod before. Mine was a ram module that was bad have you tried running memtest on each stick seperately and then together?

Negative, I should do that. It is possible it could be bad RAM. The PSU is fairly new, and everything else is working okay. The RAM was on sale Kingston at the time..

I've also used ultra brand ram (cheap stuff) in the expert. It was a bit sketchy causing lockups and things but it would pass memtest with no errors but would lock up after an hour or so of gaming.

This is the second time it has done this in a one month period. The system itself was built a year ago on the 2nd of June this year.

Any RAM suggestions if this RAM is no good? I would hate to have to buy new RAM and get crappy stuff.

I and others have had good luck out of these g.skills especially for the price but some of the newer ones are supposedly not great oc'ers. I've not over clocked mine any. I would suggest searching for something in your price range preforably a 2x1GB kit and then search for it in the oc'er database or stock speed database threads to see other's responses.