Good Luck to other Students!

Guest oRiOn_merged

By the way my teachers still use red ink anyway, they will leave trusted students to there own accord, and i agree with everything you just said.

We are made to cater to the most sinsitive, reduce ourselves to make those who dont wish to put in the work feel better about themselves, and to see everyones point of view.

We are taught to use words to solve our problems with others but that only works with those smart enugh (and willing) to negotiate. For the others we must lower ourselves (as the system says) to their level (which may lead to physical violence) and we are punished for this when it could have been solved if the other person just paid more attention and more learnid [im not sure about the spelling of that].

The system is fundamentaly flawed.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we ARE stupid, no its not that were stupid, WE HAVE NO COMMON SENSE! I cant stand, cant stand, repeat cant stand people with no common sense, they drive me insane! I wish that it wasnt made as a generalization that none of us have commons sense, but it is for the general population true, because we dont question anything! we do what were told like good little sheep. heres one of my other favorites,

a teacher is describing Hitler and the war in Iraq a stupid stereotypical blond,

"Wait, you mean that hitler is running Iraq?"

FREAKIN RETARDS IM GOING TO HIT YOU!

and I always flip out on senseless people, and i get made fun of, oh well at least I dont think Al Gore invented the internet :rolleyes:

Guest oRiOn

Ok guys this has sorta gotten off topic, but yeah took the test and feel great. Time to sleep and party this whole weekend then burn our 5inch binders full of work on Monday night WOOHOO!

Best of luck to all AP'ers

-Will

It's definitely a sign of getting old when one starts criticising the young'uns!

Angry, although I do agree with you that the standard of general learning/knowledge amonst young people at the moment is different to when I was going to school myself, young people today are growing up in a different world.

Proper syntax is important when writing in a formal context, but on a forum (like this one) I think it's OK writing how you speak.

Don't I write good? :)

hmmm... at least you got a nice arsenal in the us :)

how dumb is the president compared to the students? i think their on par....

why do you guys(some of you guys) produce dumb shows like jackass.. the most important question is WHY... i watch an dvd that my friend insisted that i watch... this is the stuff they do :

stuck a toy car up the butt

shot a bottle rocket from the butt..

and other stupid stunts....

Guest YuKoN
hmmm... at least you got a nice arsenal in the us :)

how dumb is the president compared to the students? i think their on par....

why do you guys(some of you guys) produce dumb shows like jackass.. the most important question is WHY... i watch an dvd that my friend insisted that i watch... this is the stuff they do :

stuck a toy car up the butt

shot a bottle rocket from the butt..

and other stupid stunts....

That movie was a riot! Yes- even I cringed, and looked the other way a couple of times. but it's entertainment. Those kids got paid a crapload of money to do those stunts. who am I to judge? It's not that different than any freakshow. Hell, it's amazing what people will pay to see.

The important thing is- you have to realize that it's only entertainment. We're not all that stupid. And, neither were the performers in that(and many other) show. They are sitting on talk shows swallowing goldfish and barfing them back up for thousands of dollars. So who's stupid?

On the other note- I do believe that Bush is dumb. He's got the lowest IQ of any president ever, and possibly of any world leader ever. At least his term is almost up and we'll elect some other dumbass to try and clean up after him. I'm not much into politics- so I could care less. It won't change the system, but that's a whole different batch of topic and complaints!

Will,

Good luck on your exams and to all your cohorts as well.

Mr. Angry it does seem that you do live up to your name. Will was just doing a nice thing by wishing some folks well on finals. Yet you attacked him and a very large age group as a reply. Shame on you for that and taken this thread way off track.

tasr :)

no i didn't attack him

I just attacked the stupid youth of america and the other stupid americans who are too dumb, immature, lazy, thoughtless, and lack enough sense to wake up and stop being...dumb.

If you fall into this category, then of course your feelings will be hurt. If you are smart enough to have any feelings.

I am glad some kids are taking high level courses in school...but that doesn't mean they are smart or have actually learned anything, or won't end up getting some girl pregnant and both of them smoking crack living out of the back of some alley or a friend's tool shed.

THey have this . here in Boise where they don't keep score in little league baseball...Carly (momma) and I get so angry when my brother and his best friend who has an 8 year old that plays start telling me about this stupid nonsense.

I played little league from the time I was 6, and we ALWAYS kept score. Every year from 1st grade to 6th grade in little league baseball, my team was always the best team in the regular season and we made it to the championship game every year...and EVERY YEAR WE LOST.

Man it hurt so ^@#$#@ bad to lose that game. I mean, we lost plenty of games in the regular season each year, always to good teams, and it hurt. But our coach and other parents always informed us that we needed to be gracious losers, and that we'd better get used to it because while it is important to win all the time, it wasn't going to happen all the time. Losing is part of life, and that is just the way it is. Period. Suck it up, and play the next game and try to win that one.

I got plenty of red ink on my papers, and like Roadie, I did what I could to make it go away.

Why do you think I am the person I am? Why do you think I never back down from any of you, and tell you exactly how it is, regardless of whether it hurts your feelings or makes you angry?

Because the truth is the truth, and the more it hurts, the better for you it is to hear.

Coddling you like children only makes the situation (and society as a whole) worse off in the end, and after 32 years of my life watching this happen, I can say our society is as retarded and as stupid as....well I honestly don't think there ever has been a society that is as dumb as ours (especially one that is supposed to be 'the greatest society/country on earth').

I make mistakes. I don't know things. I don't always win. I don't always get my way. Bad things happen that are my fault. I should have known better on some things...etc etc. It ain't like I'm saying I'm #1 and you guys are losers and not perfect like me and I should change my name to Jesus Christ.

But I learned how to spell, I learned geography and geometry and geology and any other subject that started with a g. I learned proper english and proper spelling and proper cake making in home economics. I learned how to make a bong out of ceramic AND out of aluminum and copper and wood in shop class. I learned how to take a beating in football, baseball, basketball, etc and still come back with the desire to win. I learned that the world doesn't owe me anything and everything I have ever accomplished in my entire life I owe it to MYSELF for sticking with it and making it through hard times that most of you will hopefully never ever never ever have to go through.

I've been through drug addictions and a divorce. I've been through watching my mother die slowly and painfully of bone cancer. I've been through finding out close family members are gay or criminals (or both in one instance). I've made lots and lots of mistakes, but I can say that I am a hell of a lot smarter than 99% of the people I meet every day for the simple fact that I am not lazy and I have something called common sense.

common sense taught me that life is tough, and life ain't fair, and if I choose to be stupid and lazy, then life is going to be a lot tougher and lot less fair.

Kids today...I don't have a clue exactly what it is that their schools or parents are teaching them, but it ain't what we were taught.

And that whole argument of "boo hoo sniffle kids live in a different world today than we did" just doesn't fly with me.

My parents grew up in a totally alien world compared to mine. We all turned out fine. Grandparents grew up in a world without electricity almost, totally alien to post ww2 world...and they grew up fine. Before them...great grandparents and before...they grew up scratching out corn or wheat or cows in a dirty, desert field fighting for water rights and unfortunately native americans (or in my family's case...crazy European governments that were fascist or neo-fascist or just plain crazy lol).

Boo hoo your world is different with ipods and computers and instant communication boo hoo I feel so sorry for you boo hoo.

Stick a sock in it, suck it up, stfu, and get with the program.

This is paraphrase of what my parents and grandparents always told me. Some of you older guys...you got the same message. A harsh, ugly message at teh time it seemed, I am sure...but now...you look back...and you think...man...if pops didn't crush my skull with that damn 'suck it up' crap all the time, I'd be a mewling, whining, metrosexual effeminate sissy boy crying about how life is so unfair and we live in a boo hoo different world sniffle sniffle.

Except I didn't grow up with a dad...so I got it from mom and grandma and my older brother (who had a different father than me and his family was even more ^%@$#'d up than my dad's side lol).

Maybe all these kids need is a harsh reality lesson?

Except they get one when they enter "the real world" but the problem is they are already 16-26 years old and you CAN'T teach old dogs new tricks.

Well, you can teach DOGS tricks no matter how old they are.

Once you are past about 14 years of age in humans though, it's too late, because these punks already know all there is to know about everything and old guys like us are just relics trying to hold them down or something.

Until they hit about 26-30...then they realize all that bs we spouted to them had a lot of meaning.

Or

They continue to live in fantasy land because the place they went to get a job at had a hiring boss that also talked in stupid l337 speak and couldn't spell, and the rest of the parents in little league also cried like sissy girls about how they shouldn't keep score because losing hurts too many feelings, etc etc.

I spent this week having meetings with the IceWorld managers and basically I got all of the kids kicked out of our pick-up hockey sessions. Now if you are not 18 and don't have ID at check-in, you cannot play.

Why?

because since January, I have seen how you little rodents act when together, and how you have ZERO respect for anyone but yourselves. Most of you don't even have a single ounce of respect for your own parents who bought you $400 hockey skates and a $200 composite 1-piece stick and $100 helmet, $58 gloves, $60 pants, $40 shin guards, etc etc...you just take your $1000 worth of hockey hear and throw it in a bag and never air it out...which is why you STINK all the time and another reason I helped get you kicked out.

TAKE A SHOWER ONCE IN A WHILE

GIRLS USED TO LIKE GUYS WHO SHOWERED AND BRUSHED THEIR TEETH

but

from what I have seen of girls these days...they don't shower or brush their teeth much either.

So all you little kids (ie up to 17 years old)...keep out of mr angry's way because mr angry goes out of his way to make your lives miserable.

And, cuz some of you will cry like sissy girls about my rant, keep this in mind.

A couple of the 16 year old AA players won't get to play hockey with us anymore, and that really sucks, because these two guys were fantastic hockey players, and better than that, they actually had respect for others, and were generally really really good personalities both on and off the ice.

These two kids are honor students, Junior AA all stars, and they can read, write, speak, spell, and communicate like adults. They have a sense of humor, and they have feelings for others besides themselves.

It is a shame (and they understand it, and don't hate me for it, they hate all the loser kids who caused this to happen). But when two kids out of about 20 are good, you have to make everyone suffer.

The good of the many (us guys over 18 who want to ENJOY playing hockey, have jobs, and spend a considerable amount of our disposable income playing hockey because we like it, and we bring others into the hockey world and get them to spend money) outweighs the good of the few (the two kids who we really liked like little brothers). Their little bonehead fellow kids ruined it for them.

Too bad.

So sad.

As I told them...suck it up. It's life, and you better get used to it, because life is ugly and hates you and will do what it can to make you sad, make you lose, and make you hate.

Being angry doesn't mean I am hateful.

Being angry just means I don't take no . from no one (not even my own bossmans as a lot of you know).

Being angry doesn't mean I treat everyone like a jerk.

Being angry just means that if you are lazy and stupid, then you are going to get called out for being lazy and stupid and hopefully it will shame you into not being lazy and stupid anymore.

Being angry doesn't mean I hate you.

Being angry just means that if you got called out for being lazy and stupid and didn't learn anything from it, that you will continue to suffer at the hands of me and others who feel the same as I do until you either buck up and fix yourself (better chiggity-check yo'sef befo' you riggity-reck yo'sef yo), or you get tired of it and go hang out somewhere else where they put up with you and your crap.

Being angry means I try to change the world one bonehead at a time.

Being angry means I live my life in ways that accept losing but I try to win, doing sensical things but I still make mistakes, accepting the low points while trying to climb to the high points.

But hey...I'm just me. I'm not perfect.

But I can spell.

And I work hard.

And I can take it on the chin and still get right back up and take some more without crying like a little girl about it or having mommy and daddy take care of it for me.

But like i said...thats just me (and my weekly Saturday afternoon rant)

That movie was a riot! Yes- even I cringed, and looked the other way a couple of times. but it's entertainment. Those kids got paid a crapload of money to do those stunts. who am I to judge? It's not that different than any freakshow. Hell, it's amazing what people will pay to see.

The important thing is- you have to realize that it's only entertainment. We're not all that stupid. And, neither were the performers in that(and many other) show. They are sitting on talk shows swallowing goldfish and barfing them back up for thousands of dollars. So who's stupid?

yet another bit of how stupid our society is...this is entertainment...we watch stupid 'reality' shows that are NOT REALITY.

COPS was reality.

FEAR Factor and Joe Millionaire and Survivor are NOT REALITY

they are scripted bull%@$

yet americans...continue to dumb themselves down by watching this crap

hey

americans

watch something like BBC news once in a while, or CBC news, or listen to NPR, or read another english-speaking country's newspaper (since our own news media is a friggin joke and a half).

Or

watch Discovery, TLC, History, ESPN....something with some real content that teaches you something.

like last night...momma and I been watching this thing on Discovery HD about China and how all their economic booming is causing serious serious pollution problems as well as causing all their peasants who farmed the land to be relocated to...you got it...pollution-filled shitholes.

China is about to become the world's largest economy. It's a good idea to learn about them.

Then we watch something on India on HDNet (as well as regular Discovery and History channel etc). India is the second largest population and is going to become the world's second largest economy in less than 40 years.

Maybe we should learn a few things about them also?

GASP maybe we should learn about other religions like Muslims so we can maybe try and patch things up with them? We did all we could to learn about Jews after Hitler wasted most of them in WW2.

But...then again, Christians usually just kill those who are not Christians (*cough*Crusades*cough*).

But I won't make this a religious statement.

Do you know where Iraq is on the map?

Louisiana?

The Black Sea?

Can you name 3 former Soviet republics that were under Soviet control? (here's a hint...Lithuania, Uzbekistan, and the Ukraine were 3 of them...there's plenty more).

Does anyone know why we went to war over in Korea?

Does anyone know what happened to the aborigines in Australia?

Do you know who invented the Polio vaccine? Do you even know what Polio is and what it does?

Does anyone know the parts of a formal letter? (hint...subject, body, etc).

no

but

I bet everyone in America can name 3 of these idiots in the Jackass movie. They can tell you who got kicked off the island in Survivor. They know the last 3 cars that got Pimped by Xhibit on MTV.

*sigh*

Hi

This does seem to be a thread that may well be blocked at some point soon I suspect.

To be honest after reading the threads above and also from my own personal experience I cannot help but feel that in many ways it is the 'system' that allows standards to slip.

When I was at school, a few years ago know I will admit, you were marked down on spelling mistakes etc. However, it now seems to be OK not being able to spell properly let alone write or be able to do maths at any level.

Last year, I seem to recall, a student appealed against the lowest marking possible because for her english literature essay was completed in mobile text language rather than using 'proper' english. The outcome.....when it hit the papers a quick re-think was done by the examining board and she then passed for using initiative.

What kind of message does that send out to the younger generation? if the 'system' is unable to maintain the highest of standards year in year out then we all have to face the reality that both spelling and grammar will soon be a thing of the past and the entire world will be a poorer place.

Nice rant A.G. I actually got down-graded in one of my college classes for citing a book outside of the class reading. It is apparently unfair to others that I went to the university's library and looked up some other books on the subject of the paper. I was down-graded because apparently college freshman don't know how to use the dewey decimal system and a computer search program in a library. "It isn't fair to the freshman in the class to use outside resources that they don't have."

I argued with the prof for 20 minutes during class and told her that anyone in college that doesn't know how to find books about a given subject doesn't belong in college and should go back to high school. Sadly, it was my last semester and too late to switch classes to something else that would fulfill the requirements that one did, so I was stuck in it.