Overclocking an SLI setup question....

I have two 7900gt's, when I use coolbits to "detect optimal frequencies" does it do it to both cards or just one. How would you OC individually? Any help would be appreciated.

TA

Well I have always assumed that it treats the cards as one and clocks both...However, I could be wrong, also I have found that the Nvidia bit that seems to detect optimal settings is terribly flawed, it never seems to OC well and seems to never work in game....

I would just try setting things your self taking you time with it going up little by little and testing its stability in game and in benchmarks...thats what I did and got much better results that the Nvidia bit gave me...

Well that was just an example. I now use powerstrip but I am curious as to how it works with an SLI setup. Does it apply the settings to both of the cards? What if you have one card that is slightly weaker? Is it a case of only being as good as the weakest link in the chain?

Thats been my experience and I have tried OC'ing in SLI and not In SLI and I seem to get the same results...granted this could be due to inexperience with this issue but I was able to get the same OC with one as I was with SLI and it seemed to be stable and unstable at both points also...(If that makes sense)

Guest Synchronize

Overclocking an SLi setup is the same procedure as overclocking just one vid card. Just pick your fav o/c tool and clock away. The only difference i think is temperature as the cards are close to each other hence will produce more heat under load.