Help dead computer

Ok, I have about had it with this system. I woke up this morning and found the computer off. I hit the start button and the fans spin but no post or beeps. I reset the cmos but no post or beeps and it shuts right down after about 3 seconds. I unplug it, take out the battery wait 30 minutes try again, same thing. If the system is cold it will start up and the lights come on and the fans spin but no post or beeps. I shut it down and then it will start up but shuts right down. I did notice that the hink sink near the agp slot is very hot, not warm but hot.

This mobo is about 2 months old, which replaced another mobo that did the same thing. That mobo lasted 13 months, and the one before it lasted 12 months. This is the 3 mobo that has done this very thing in just a little over 2 years. I am so pissed off I can't see straight. Looks like the motherboard again, need help.

That could be it, but I did check it with my digi meter and it shows 12.29V, 4.99v and 3.36v for the rails but who knows what it is doing under stress. Guess I will try and get them to replace the motherboard that was purcashed on 4.7.06 and try a new powersupply. Think I will try the new OCZ 600 SLI.

I know that the heat sink on the this motherboard is suppose to get warm, but this thing is so hot that I cannot hold a finger to it. This is how the other two were when they quite working as well. Should the HS be that hot? seems too hot to me.

Are you talking about your southbridge heatsink? I just put this system together a few days ago but I just felt mine and it's warm but nowhere near hot. Is it really necessary to replace it.

Back to the question though. I built a system for my friend and his board did the same thing after only 4 months! Had to RMA it and it's been fine since, not sure what gives but the mobo seemed to simply give up the ghost. I tried different power supplies, memory, etc but to no avail. Hope your case is different. Shees! 3 RMA on the same board, that's almost too much!! :eek2:

Everything was set at the default settings. The cpu had a slight overclock but I did not change the volts to it.

The heat is the one that came with the board near the agp slot, forget but I think it is called the southbridge and it is hot,hot,hot. The setting for that is 12v but the digi shows it at 12.29 so not really that much over. Of course can't check it right now as the system only comes on for 3 seconds and shuts down.

Ok, off to the store right now to see If I can find a good power supply to test it with. That is about the only other thing that I have not test yet, but I really think the board is fried.