Artic Cooling Pro 64 Cooler

As I am considering this motherboard, I have done a search but have been unable to find whether this CPU cooler(pro 64) will fit.

I know it fits the DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D, but can find no info for this board.

I have had this A8v and its instability, but I am a bit apprehensive about this board after what I have read.

Thanks for your help

Bryan

yeah its can fix....i already done that....

u just adjust the fan position if u want verticle or horizontal by change the clip !!!!!

its easy bro...!!!!

Am using same board with Athlon 64 3700+ and Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 64. It keeps the CPU 40 degrees F cooler than the prior Mascool device and the system is much more stable in all respects. Unless really pushing the CPU, she stays within a few degrees of the ambient system temp. Best $28 I ever spent.

hey jackb, Dude what is your actual temps in Celcius for your CPU load and idle with this HSF, I ask cause we have the same CPU and id like to get it as cold as i can.

at the moment im getting 38C idle and 49-51 @ 100% load.

I have the Freezer Pro, temps have been around 29 or 30c at idle and as high as 41 or 42c during Prime95 with a 20% OC.

When I first installed the HSF I used the thermal compound that came with it cause I saw a couple of tests that said it worked better than AS5 on this unit. This afternoon I had to remove the cooler to install a new PSU, since I didn’t have anymore of the original stuff I was forced to use AS5. So I lapped the base with some 800grit, put a fairly liberal coating of Arctic Silver on it and reinstalled. Since then I’ve run Prime95 at around the same ambient and didn’t see the temp go above 39c, with about the same 29 - 30c temp at idle.

Those temps are pretty damn good, makes me wanna buy one now.

Keep in mind the difference between our chips, mines a 754 E6 Venice, 90nm, your 13um Clawhammer will run a little hotter. Most all the tests I've seen of the Freezer pro do rate it better than all but the much more expensive Zalman 9500 though

I read ya bro, my main problem with the Zalman is that its a dust collector. where the fins meet the heatsink just a little bit of a blockage there and it spreads very fast outwards.

but looking at the freezer they are all spaced the same and wouldnt gather dust as quickly.

I would add fan filters but the light I get off the LED fans helps me type in the dark, lol.

The 9500 looks nice but its way too expensive, may as well go to a water setup for a few bucks more. Ill hold off buying the freezer untill I get some temps from a few users with 130nm cores. thanks Spyvie