No Display on Ultra D.

Ok, I got a problem with my dfi ultra D. It does not boot anything at display and my x1800xt fan speed remains at a 100% all the time. When i had my sapphire pure innovation motherboard, the fan of the x1800xt started at a 100% then dropped after 10 seconds but now it dosent. Well, i decided to go dfi cause my sapphire crappy innovation wasnt working. I got same problem as before. The pc used to run fine but after the 4th day, no display and i dont got extra pci-e card. So i rmad the shappire and got the ultra d today thinking that the motherboard was causing the problem i had before. I read in a few forums and am not the only one that had that issue with the pure innovation. So i returned and got the DFI but still same ****. I am so fustrated. Sorry for my grammar but i feel careless right now.

I hear the hdd making noises and i see the light of the hdd making activities. I had xp previously installed so i think its booting. I want to install a fresh copy anyways.

My system right now is

3200 venice 939

DFI ultra D

corsair xms llpt 2326 256*4 (i know. I got it years ago when 512 was $200)

OCZ 520w psu

msi x1800xt 512

74 gb raptor.

Please help need this fixed by monday for college.

I also cheked on dfi street and all my power cables are connected and I tried different ram on diferent slots but nothing. PLEASE HELP. am going crazy and feel like burning the ****ing pc

i even tried 1 stick on all the slots. yes i got 4 sticks of 256mb corsair xms low latency pt 2326.

also cleared the cmos for like 20m and nothing

please help.

Couple of things

1- Do you get a post beep?

2- what are your LED's saying?

3- Have you tried the "insert" key trick?

4- Is everything hooked up right? you say all your power cables, what about the pci-e power?

Could be many things, personally i always think its the worst possible thing and it turns out i didnt plug something in, step back take a breath, double check everything and lets go on from there. :)

Jon

Couple of things

1- Do you get a post beep?

2- what are your LED's saying?

3- Have you tried the "insert" key trick?

4- Is everything hooked up right? you say all your power cables, what about the pci-e power?

Could be many things, personally i always think its the worst possible thing and it turns out i didnt plug something in, step back take a breath, double check everything and lets go on from there. :)

Jon

everything is right. pci e power in plugged. I see 4 led lights and then they go away one by one and only 1 remains. I dont hear the boot beep. I might rma PSU and Video card today cause like i said, i had similar problems with my older mobo. Thats why it got replaced. but I got same problem here too.

corsair>DFI

some have reported annoying problems with this combination.....

also, it just may be your vid card went bellyup, do you have a way of checking the MB operation with another vid card? maybe a older PCI vid card or a good known working PCI-E card?

if you can get some different ram, if that is the problem, get it to boot, then install the 3-29-06 beta bios you may have better luck.

populating all four dimm slots can present problems too, even after you get this sorted out.

Oh, and welcome to the forums...

baldy

corsair>DFI

some have reported annoying problems with this combination.....

also, it just may be your vid card went bellyup, do you have a way of checking the MB operation with another vid card? maybe a older PCI vid card or a good known working PCI-E card?

if you can get some different ram, if that is the problem, get it to boot, then install the 3-29-06 beta bios you may have better luck.

populating all four dimm slots can present problems too, even after you get this sorted out.

Oh, and welcome to the forums...

baldy

thanks. I tried only 1 stick and didnt work either. I will rma my card and psu. Something told me that this was coming. :( oh well. I hope to gave it fixed. thanks

have you set 2T timing in BIOS for those DIMMs. if you have put all four dimms in and your ram timing is 1T that may cause an issue. second, have you tried plugging your card into the lower pci-e slot?

have you set 2T timing in BIOS for those DIMMs. if you have put all four dimms in and your ram timing is 1T that may cause an issue. second, have you tried plugging your card into the lower pci-e slot?

How the hell am i going to get to the bios and change timigs when I have never seen my screen displaying anythig? and I tried the second pci e slot and nothing. I have tried everything i can ever imagine. Next thing is going to be to rma all my junk.

Make sure that the video card is fully inserted into the slot. I have had that happen. Every single time it is because the GPU isn't making good contact within the slot.

I noticed ny x1800xt making contact with the fan for the chipset. I forced the board (just a bit) but nothing. Gonna RMA both PSU and video card. I think the board is fince since it was fresh and nicely sealed. The problem might be the video card. But what is strange is that am not the only one with this problem. Is kind of sad and fustrating at the same time.

Sometimes i think am a failure at everything cause i cant figure out what is wrong on what i know best.

Sounds like your X1800XT took a dive on your previous Motherboard already. RMA the R520 and post your results. Sorry man, sometimes things don't always go as planned. Good luck in college, you'll be back on your feet with the system up, be patient. :)