Dual Channel /2T performance hit?

Since it seems dual channel is not going to work for me, at least for a while, what is the performance hit from running single channel? And what about running 2t? Thanks.

In regards to dual channel not working, don't know if you've tried this yet, but install 1 stick of memory and load optimized defaults and have it run memtest on the reboot. Note down the timings of the memory. Do the same for the other stick of memory. Are the timings the same?

Reason why I'm asking: I had the exact same issue where my 2 sticks of memory would NOT run dual channel in any board (Except my abit NF7-S 2.0 at the time, don't know why). Figures that the 2 sticks had differing SPD timings and I had to return one to get another with the correct timings even though they were identical models.

As for the performance hit...Dual channel runs twice the bandwidth as single channel IIRC, and running 2T vs 1T isn't nearly as bad as the dual vs single channel issue. Having more memory bandwidth helps, but the performance gain isn't practical. Good luck anyways.