Sign in to follow this  
gil_grissom

XP home SP1 install hangs after first reboot (green loading bar)

I've tried using a PCI graphics card and get no visual output. I'm RMA'ing the RAM and the mobo, and getting replacement mobo (the same) and different RAM (OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K) 2 x 1 Gb EL DDR PC-3200 Dual Channel Platinum.

Hope this sorts the problem out or else I'll be RMA'ing the graphics card too.... a lot of RMAs for one build.... eurgh.

Cheers for your help everyone, will keep posting.

ah ok. I have had some probs with dell in the past.

In the future try Overclockers.co.uk or Aria.co.uk or Microdirect.co.uk or Ebuyers

Just in process of disassembling pc to box up mobo... being collected tomorrow. The heatsink was stuck so I'm running windows disk as far as I can get it to heat up processor and loosen the thermal paste.

New mobo and memory arriving on Friday.

WOOOO. lol

The heatsink still isn't coming off.... will a hairdryer work or will it damage the mobo??? I'm sending it back but I don't wanna damamge any of the rest of it.

lol ( not funny but is :S) i have no idea what to do, youcould try that. or put it on the radiaotr upside down of something ( may damage it though)

haha, it is funny though yeah.... I sorted it... just wiggled it a lot... and it came off. wooo... already bent one processor that way (4200+ - cost me a fair bit damn it)..... trying to get money back from AMD cos they don't tell you that the processor sticks to the heatsink, so I just pulled it out with a bit of strength and it bent the pins..... oh well. lol

Hey guys, new mobo and memory today.... it's working great.... so happy. :)... thanks for your help everyone.

Might need help when I try to overclock it at some point.... but YAY.