Chipset fans?

I am trying to get a chipset fan/ heat sink and was going to go with the evercool, but i don't think i can get it in japan, so can people give me a list of other ones that will work w/ my board? I am going to look but if I can't find the evercool, i have to get something else.

Let me know what you need from the states and maybe I can hook you up. I have a business trip coming up that has me flying through Tokyo... I'll probably stay the night in Shinjuku before moving on. If it's nothing too expensive (like a chipset fan) I doubt I'll get any flack from customs. Let me know.

Mark

I use the Thermalright HR-05 with a 60mm fan. This kills 2 of my 5 PCI slots, but I only use 2 anyway.

According to the Thermalright site, this is compatible with your board (http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main_su...5_socket939.htm).

Great little cooler, it cost me about $25 Canadian plus the fan.

http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main_product_hr05.htm

Depending on your videocooler, that HR might be a bit big. I know it wouldn't fit into my system, since my videocard is longer than the motherboard is wide, and The custom cooling for the video need a chipset cooler to be no more than 15mm tall, which, makingthe HR05 8x too tall.

Ok, a bit off topic but:

I had a dying fan on chipset (surprise!) and I thought to replace chipset cooler with another (now I'm just using another fan @ 5V). What's the EASIEST way to remove that orginal chipset cooler without breaking the mobo/chipset?

I tried to remove mine: released those two locking devices @ motherboard as should, but the darn glue (or whatever) was keeping heatsink tightly on chipset. I just couldn't make my self to use any more force. Tried to rotate HS a bit clockwise - no help. Tried to rotate clockwise while pulling that HS up - no help either. :mad:

Should I try to heat that HS before trying to remove it or is there any trick for this to make it easier? A bit help, please?

What I did was twist it counter clockwise, no lifting motion at all, then back clockwise until it reached those 3 caps. I did this about 25 times until it could turn 90 degrees, then iwas able to turn it a little faster. The bubblegum holding it on will not damage the core, but I would avoid lifiting or prying since it will flex the board alot. Warming it with a soldering iron or blow dryer would also soften it, but jsut keep twisting back and forth. Once it's off, take a razor or credit card and chisel away the rest of the crap left behind, then away you go.

Ive been looking, and are there anymore good fanless chipset heatinks out there? :-) mine is not running to hot now...but could be later? ^_^

yeah to get mine off I usually just turn it a few times then slide to to the side w/o lifting it usually slips right off :) sometimes get a little grease on the mobo. Also if your using arctic#5 for grease....gl hahaha I use it...and after that stuff sets its like quickcrete!