avi player

D Man

does anyone have some thing that can play avi files

ive tried hys player and i tried downloading ati multimedia center. hysplayer didnt work ati multimedia center wouldnt download for some reason i have no clue why

Actually the first thing you should do is either take an English class or get a spell checker. wow.

then edit the post

compare the mistakes to the placement of the keyboard. either typing too fast for fingers to aim correctly. chubby fingers. or a small keyboard. i myself have prretty meaty hands and a small keyboard to boot. so i often mash the wrong keys....or a couple at the same time.

Get ffdshow, which has the mpeg2 codec you need to play most video files. Then use media player classic , you can either use the one in C:Program FilesWindows Media Playermplayer2.exe, or download a tweaked version. That is the best combination of codec/player, without installing too much crap. Stay away from codec packs, since they install multiple codecs for the same files and that can cause problems. Limewire, or most P2P programs are not illegal in themselves (never heard of an illegal network infrastructure), but some of the files found on those networks can be infringing on copyrights, so check what you dl. :)

Guest oRiOn

I think Smokin Joe said this, google K-Lite Codec Pack or Klite, it has a ton of great codecs and comes with a media player like the old Windows Media Player, I put that on every fresh windows I have first thing.

-Will

I hope you deselect any unnecessary and redundant codecs. For example xvid and divx are both mpeg2 codecs, so if you run a file which is compressed using mpeg2 your PC has to figure out which codec to use. Some players or codec managers let you set the priority of each codec, but I still find that the less crap you install the better. If you have mpeg4 files (quicktime or realmeadia) use "realtime alternative" or "quicktime alternative" instead of downloading realplayer or quicktime, they are bloated with extra crap.

sry didnt know mentioning that would be offensive or wat not but i edited it for u and changed the errors and the problem i ahve is typing to fast so my fingers cant aim quickly enough

and I' will try those players/codecs u all suggested