Stupid question about PWMIC and Southbridge location

I am dismayed that I am asking this, but...

I have searched in this forum and looked on the web, but I am as yet uncertain which chips on the board are associated with the PWM IC and Southbridge.

I assume the SB is the VIA chip (judging by its temp), but which is the PWM IC?

Want to add active cooling to both for my own piece of mind.

Also, I notice the larger MOSFETS tend to get rather hot - has anyone experimented with adding small heatsinks to these?

Many thanks.

The southbridge is the one with the big heatsink on it, the PWMIC is right behind the socket, I can’t remember what the acronym stands for but I think it provides power to the processor.

I could be wrong

My PWMIC temp went way down after I installed my AC Freezer Pro with it’s three bent fins to cool just such a thing.

Pulse width modulated integrated circuit. On the mosfets I used DangerDen vid card ramsinks. They require a bit of trimming on a belt sander (too wide) but have thermal tape on them(nice). The NForce 3 chip heat sink was removed and swiss cheesed with a 3mm drill a 40mm fan was added with arctic ceramique paste.

Just to be anal, does an Nforce3 have a southbridge? Isn't it a single-chip solution?

I also put the bga RAMsinks that came with my VF700 on the MOSFETS on my Ultra-D. They are useless on that videocard, probably make a bit of a difference on the mobo, if only over time.