Opteron 148 multi locked...???

dr_bowtie

I recently got a Opteron 148 with CAB2E 0549 stepping and it seems multiplier locked...anyone else experience this....I stuck it in a Abit AV8 and the multi option is blacked out and cannot be altered....posted at Abit and was told the board does allow multiplier changing options...

anyone else have this chip have any luck with it...?dr.

odd that a stepping would lock out multi's, forgot the stepping of mine but its only up locked, cac2e 0601 i think... got a friends pc u can try it in?

:edit: its a CACJE 0601

I'd like to.... what DFI would work for me....I dont need SLI...I like Sata II though...

Better yet got a loaner extra...;)....

(bangs head...shoulda got that DFI dang it...)

I tell you all now... I sure as heck do NOT like the Bios layout of the Abit board...it's bass ackwards...

only 2.8v on the ram volts and you only get "auto , by spd or manual" for ram options... and it will only boot under Auto or By SPD... Manual is usually a no go...I put it at ddr500 (cuz I have ddr500) and no boot....anything other than ddr400 is no boot...

I upped the vdimm to 2.8v and vcore to 1.45v and lowered the LDT to 4x's and it boot looped at 225fsb... wth...well I'll monkey with it some more till I get a REAL board...