Odd and half dividers crash, why?

Just curious if anyone else has had this problem.

If I use anything other than even, full dividers, I get system instability and crashing.

200x10 = stock

200x9 = crash

200x8.5 = unstable

200x8 = stable

This is a SERIOUS pain, since it means for my max stable CPU speed (2600) I only have two options for FSB - 325 and 260. Both of which don't allow me to run my RAM at its max speed (288-290 @ 1T).

The 8.5 divider would be perfect here: 305x8.5, RAM @ 288.

Also, 325 FSB will crash regardless, even with LDT, CPU and RAM all clocked WELL below spec.

No offense to anyone, but this board has NOT lived up to the hype and my expectations. My MSI K8N NeoP clocked better and was more stable.

Any help is appreciated!

Sounds like either multipliers being locked or just unstable with the board? Don't know much about Sempron's, but you can do a search in Googlel if nobody else comes in here with any better advice. :)

What you're calling dividers are actually multipliers. Dividers are under ram settings. That's where you set your rams clock.

True enuff. Just a slip, but thanks for the semantic reproof.

Guest Blooz1

I don't know about the newer higher-clock Sempy's, but I've had two different 2800's, and they were both multiplier locked, both up and down.

You could set different multipliers in the bios, but they always ran at the default of 8.