HELP - Motherboard won't run in dual channel!

Hi guys this is my first post so be nice :)

A few weeks ago i came home from shopping one day and my comp wouldn't power on, power was going to the motherboard as i could see the standby light on! I took my comp to my friends house and it booted first time, i restarted it (still at my friends house) and the comp would boot up but would give "no signal" so i placed the ram in slots 1+2 and it booted up fine but in single channel memory mode. After posting on oc forums i came to the decision that my board was fried and it was a fault with the memory slots!

Today i received my new motherboard a DFI NF4 Lanparty Ultra-D and i have the same problem i can boot in single channel mode but not dual channel!

So this can either be one of a few things :

a) i have got another borked motherboard (very unlikely)

B) my ram is shot

c) my cpu memory controller is up the shoot

d) my powersupply is a goner?

can anyone shed any light on this situation? I am going to go home later and try a fresh installed bios and clearing cmos see if this makes a difference on the new board.

Try each memory modules individually in the orange slot furthest from the cpu socket and test it with Memtest86. Run TEST#5 from Memtest86 for 30-40 times and if it passes take that stick out and put the other one in and do the same thing. If they both pass, flash your motherboard with the latest bios, i don't know....

thanks mack27 i'l give that a go, thing is i'm pretty sure it's not my ram as i have tried some old pc2700 twinmos 2x256mb stuff and it has the same result, i have tried my ocz ram individually and both boot up fine on their own. I have a sneaky but sick feeling it's my opterons memory controller! :(