opteron 148 multipliers

Just got my opteron 148 yesterday and plopped it in last night. So far I have it stable at 2804 mhz. 10.5x 267. Do the 1/2 multipliers work on the Opterons? I know on my old Winnie that they didnt. I had it at 10 x 275 last night at 1.4v and it was very stable also. The stepping is CACJE 0601VPBW. Is that a very good stepping or not? Like most, I am trying to get 3 gig. I ran 3d mark 05 continuosly for an hour last night and it never went over 36C. Any tips on voltages I might try while on my possible journey to 3 gig?

I wouldn't go above 1.45 with air, but thats just me :rolleyes: With water you can go upto 1.55 I would say.

its all dependent on temps.... more volts = more watts = more heat.

Dont use .5 multiplyers. You have a 148, use the 11 multi, thats why you paid the extra money no? If your going to use 10x, you should have bought a Opty 146. . I am running a 146 @ 2.75ghz 1.525vcore. I have no issues with Temps and im using an XP-90 and 2 120mm case fans(Not great case either). The only game that makes my load temps hit 50C is BF2, but when i put my fans on high, it hits 47C.

I would try for 11x255 and you will be safe up to about 1.525-1.5vcore.

I wouldn't say don't use the .5 multi's as sometimes they can come in pretty handy for getting that sweet spot. Thing being when you use the .5 multi's your RAM is automaically set on a divider so it is not truly 1:1. This is covered in detail in the OC guide here.

Voltage is a matter of what you feel comfortable with. I just watch how the CPU responds, you will get some OC with no extra voltage and then it will follow a pattern of it takes a small amount of voltage to gain some OC, then it will take a large increase in voltage to gain a very small amount of OC. That's the point where you have to make the decision on whether the extra 30mhz is worth the .05 of voltage