BIOS Question

Alright so when you (or I) update the BIOS, does it have all of the information from the old BIOS plus some new information? I am wondering if I should switch to the new 4/6/06 BIOS or stick with my 6/23/05 BIOS? I have a new motherboard on the way (same board actually, just new) because my flash failed using WinFlash (I dont suggest using WinFlash) when I was updating from 6/23/05 BIOS to 4/6/06 BIOS. So questions are: Does the new flash add onto the previous flash? And I was working fine with my old BIOS, should I just stick with those? Thanks

-Ryan

Hmm, well if I updated my BIOS and in the old BIOS my RAM was supported, in the new BIOS will it still be supported or is there a chance it won't be supported any longer? I am nervious with it, I was having RAM problems before but the 6/23/05 BIOS fixed it, I'm afraid the 4/6/06 BIOS might make it not work again.

-Ryan

If it's an official bios it should not remove any functionality, but whilst it should work fine with your RAM if the old version did, I can't guarantee it. If the old bios was working fine with everything, then you may as well stick with it. Are there any especially good new features of the bios update?

If it ant broke dont fix it. plenty of people that have had world of trouble from a bad flash. BTW you can get a back up flash as backup or get a bios savor if you have a good reason to change. Yes it has saved a lot of people.

If at all possible get memtest stable before flashing and never ever do a winflash if you are not memtest stable use the flopply and dont enter windows if you have to buy one.

I think I am going to be getting the BIOS Savor, thanks for the tip and all the help. Where can I get a backup though? I wouldn't mind having one. Also, does anyone know what BIOS the DFI UT SLI-DR Motherboards ship with? Thanks!

-Ryan