Four stick check

Hi guys, I've been toying for a few months of upgrading to 2GB of RAM but as I'm feeling a tad tight I'm thinking of going with 4x512 meg sticks. Just thought I'd better check first to see what to expect regarding problems :)

I realise I'm gonna have to go from 1T->2T (is this really required?), but will I have to lower the speed/timings on anything else? (or even use a divider?) I'm thinking of that 333MHz/four stick thing here...

Oh and I'd get another two sticks of Ballistix PC4000 as the two I currently have run like a charm. And as I'm at work at the mo, I can't remember which BIOS version I have - sorry!

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm running 4x512 MB Ballistix. If you have a Venice core that should support DDR400 only the older ones are DDR333

You have to run them on 2T but there is no difference from 1T or 2T only in some benchmarks...

Greets

Cool - thanks guys!

One final question - let's say each pair of sticks can reach (say) 275MHz comfortably - what's the chances of all four working together at that speed, given that the previous revisions of my processor required you to drop the memory speed?

You might want to try, I think maybe the cpu's memory controller may not be able to handle the load, seeing that you will be using 512 sticks, it may work. In my situation I passed Memtest @265 with a 2.7 voltage on my 4GB Ballistix for over 7 hrs full test no error. No matter what I did I could not make it work at that speed with the cpu. Here is my results.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...4&postcount=197