ATI 1900 Vrs Nivida 7900

-CsA-TAZ

Hi people, just wondering which card is now best bang for buck?

just sold my 7800GT to make way for a new card!

Im using a ATI 300 se for now and it sucks lol!

having said that it will allow me to play BF2, just!

P.S my budget will be around the £350! $500 dollars @ a guess!! :D

Guest Ryn

Yep, the 7900GT is the best bang-for-the-buck card right now and it OC's really well. But if you want the best then go for the 7900GTX!

Yep, the 7900GT is the best bang-for-the-buck card right now and it OC's really well. But if you want the best then go for the 7900GTX!

Nice OC, but did you have to change ur cooling for that?

You also got to remember the X1900 Series cards use way more power then the 7900 Series cards. A 7900GT will run BF2 @1280x1024 4xAA 8XAF just fine. Just get your system overclocked properly and make sure you shoot the frequencies on that 7900GT highest you can. :)

Note: You can spend about $600 for 2x7900GT that will out perform a 7900GTX for about the same price. You should do your research by googling benchmarks on the R580/G71.

The 7900 and 1900 series are bvasically the same. It depends on the game. eg, The 7900GT might get better scores Quake4 where the X1900XT will get better scores in F.E.A.R. It all depends on which games you play and if you gonna OC, ofcource how you OC it! The nVidia cards are more popular and work better with most games!

The 7900 and 1900 series are bvasically the same. It depends on the game. eg, The 7900GT might get better scores Quake4 where the X1900XT will get better scores in F.E.A.R. It all depends on which games you play and if you gonna OC, ofcource how you OC it! The nVidia cards are more popular and work better with most games!

Hey thats what all those aricles that I read with comparisons say. I boght my XFX by impulse, did a research after that and yap, its got it advantages on some games, and the ATI card have its own. The one really positive note on the 7900GT is that if the vmod is done right it can achieve the speed of a GTX or even surpass it by a bit, at a lower price.