Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ryn_merged

Question on Nvidia IDE Drivers

Guest Ryn

I'm planning to buy a new SATA2 hdd and am just wondering if the new SATA2 drive will be utilized efficiently if I don't install the IDE drivers since installing those drivers causes my pc to lock-up. Thanks!

BTW, I tried benching my current hdd's with HDTach. Before when the drivers are installed, the burst speed of my sata drives are around 110-130MBps, without the drivers it's around 80-90MBPs only.

Hello,

If you are having problems do not installing them.

Are you using the latest drivers?

Do not install them, period. The system drivers work fine, there doesn't seem to be any performance gained from the nvidia drivers. If it ain't broke don't fix it, just too many problems associated with those drivers. If you want to try them, I would suggest creating a restore point in XP before installing them, so you can go back if you have a problem.

Guest Ryn
The system drivers work fine, there doesn't seem to be any performance gained from the nvidia drivers.

This is what I wanted to hear. Thanks guys. BTW, I never did installed those drivers since they are causing my rig to lock-up.

those drivers made my plextor dvd burner act like it was broken. they sucked in my case.

good luck.

--ejm