Disk Boot Failure, Insert Disk Error

Hi you guys,

I recently inherited an Infinity 865PE desktop. The system was running fine for weeks until a malicious worm took over the system. I keep getting a disk boot failure, insert disk error. If I try and boot from the Win XP disk then it says that the hard drive is not being detected. I went into the system BIOS and reloaded optimized defaults and now I get "Error loading OS" message.

I am new to the computer hardware tech area but I can pick up fast. I need help getting my system up, protected and running at optimal performance.

Also I am not sure what Lan Party is or any of the special features for this system actually do but I would like to be using the system to its fullest capacities. Please help me configure this system for optimal performance. If I can perfect taking care of this system I can try and build an Infinity865PE from scratch for my brother. Please help.

Thanks,

K.C.

I think this is a Seagate Barracuda ATA IV and I am not sure what data cables you are referring to.

The data cables Ace is referring to are the IDE or S-ATA cables that connect the HDD to the Mb.

I agree with Ace that your problem is either the data cable and/or the HDD itself.

Also I am not sure what Lan Party is or any of the special features for this system actually do but I would like to be using the system to its fullest capacities.

LanParty is is DFI's higher end Enthusiast/Modder oriented line of Mb's and feature UV reactive components (connectors, cables, etc) and often additional bundled accesories such as a FrontX baydrive, additional cables, carrying harness, etc.