Evercool VC-RE Chipset Fan Installation Tutorial Video! (2 fast mirror

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bad_cpu.jpg

this is what NOT to do, and why sometimes you should just avoid AS5 haha (if that had been Ceramique, the cpu would be dead...it would just be coated in a lot of white thermal paste lol)

"Ceramique, the cpu would('NT) be dead" I think you meant?

I'll probably end up doing this, but what does everyone mean about the cooler being noisy? I can barely hear it unless it's fully on.

Then you are one of the lucky ones. :)

The noise can either come from a defective/broken fan, one thats having to run full blast all the time, or from interference.

Well, I just finished installing my Evercool! I have to say, it looked easier than it was, Just like when you watch Messier zoom up the ice, and (seemingly) effortlessly slip a goal in right behind the goalie.

My biggest stumbling block was when I removed the stock cooler, A large peice of dried paste was stuc fast to the chip. I was able to remedy this by heating it with a hair-dryer, and then quickly scrubbing it off.

I'm enjoying the noise (or lack thereof) from my mobo, thanks (Emotion)_Games!

Well, I just finished installing my Evercool! I have to say, it looked easier than it was, Just like when you watch Messier zoom up the ice, and (seemingly) effortlessly slip a goal in right behind the goalie.

My biggest stumbling block was when I removed the stock cooler, A large peice of dried paste was stuc fast to the chip. I was able to remedy this by heating it with a hair-dryer, and then quickly scrubbing it off.

I'm enjoying the noise (or lack thereof) from my mobo, thanks (Emotion)_Games!

shouldhave searched this thread for help on the stuck pad to chipset, happy mentions that using a credit card to remove that is perfectly ok, and i too had a hard time geting it off with my trusty thermal paste remover, but the crdit card was easy to do and worked perfectly

lol

nice angry...... rub,rub,rub blot,blot,blot

just what kind of video are you making here. lol

kinda freaked me out,first time i ever heard your voice and wasn't expecting that deep sexy voice. :P

anyway just got sick of watching my chipset temp's run higher than my cpu so i thought i'd come over and see what coolers you guys are running.thats when i found your vid.

thanks again for the heads up,i gota go to newegg now. ;)

lol

nice angry...... rub,rub,rub blot,blot,blot

just what kind of video are you making here. lol

kinda freaked me out,first time i ever heard your voice and wasn't expecting that deep sexy voice. :P

anyway just got sick of watching my chipset temp's run higher than my cpu so i thought i'd come over and see what coolers you guys are running.thats when i found your vid.

thanks again for the heads up,i gota go to newegg now. ;)

I'd reccomend getting it from here actually http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?svcom...aFb+vc-re.html+

The link supports DFI street and I'm not sure what Newegg's charging, but check it out. :D