Evercool VC-RE Chipset Fan Installation Tutorial Video! (2 fast mirror

im having seperate problems with my ultra d. For some reason it keeps sending 1.65 v at auto and i cant change it manually. I cant boot up or even get into bios most of the time.

I replaced the chipset cooler with this evercool and i was wondering if i should RMA it with it on or should i put the old one back on? This doesnt void anything...does it?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I replaced the chipset cooler with this evercool and i was wondering if i should RMA it with it on or should i put the old one back on? This doesnt void anything...does it?

If you need to RMA it, put the stock back on. If you damage the chipset or anything, the warranty is void, but other than that, you'll be fine.

If you need to RMA it, put the stock back on. If you damage the chipset or anything, the warranty is void, but other than that, you'll be fine.

Ok thanks :)

since i got a quick reply i was wondering if it is possible to flash the bios when i cant clear the CMOS (even the long way of removing the battery ect)? If not then i guess i have to rma.

Ok thanks :)

since i got a quick reply i was wondering if it is possible to flash the bios when i cant clear the CMOS (even the long way of removing the battery ect)? If not then i guess i have to rma.

You can do it, you just might have bits and pieces of the old BIOS in there which could cause a problem.

I don't get it...

When I'm in PC health, with the chipset on full tilt (5100RPM) my idle temps are still 39°C... How are these people getting load temps below my idle temps? Is it because I'm in the BIOS (my CPU is trashed and I'm getting a new one so I can't get into the OS)?.... Heck mine's even lapped! lol (read my guide)

EDIT: Now that I think about it I guess it could be the fact that my motherboard is sitting in open air... My Lian-Li PC-65B has really good case airflow so I'd bet when I get it all in there it'll be a bit cooler.

I just saw the video, and even though it took about 8 minutes to download, it was well worth it! Good stuff!

EDIT: Also, I can make a lower sized video (Around 40MB) and host it somewhere, want me to do that?

_Games has already stated, on page 2 of this thread, that he does not want anyone to recompress the video or edit it.

you are NOT allowed to alter the videos we make in ANY way

you may host it if you wish, but you must supply the URL in this thread and I will add it as a mirror

Offering a mirror is always nice, although I think It's not particularly needed anymore for now (filefront + 2 mirrors). If you do (with th original, untouched video), please provide the link in this thread. Happy will add it to the mirrors in the first post.

If you do not redistribute the resulting edit, I'm not quite sure why you would edit it in the first place ;-)) but I dont think anyone can tell you what you can do on your computer in your own time (as long as you do not distribute the result).

Just finished fitting a VC-RE onto my SLI-DR, and finding that the chipset runs about 25-30C cooler than it did before (when the stock fan stopped working, yet the board ran on...)

What I found with mobo, was that the stock chipset cooler was very hard to remove compared to the demonstation in the movie. After a bit of pulling, I found that the reason it'd been so problematic to loosen, was the interface between cooler and chipset was some kinda sulphur yellow concrete (presumably the remnants of a melted heat pad).

This meant that to get any kind of decent interface between the chipset and the VC-RE, I'd to carefully (for this read "VERY, VERY carefully") strip away the yellow nonsense with a combination of Isopropanol administrations, and then some gentle scraping with a tiny flat head screwdriver.

I wondered if this was common to have a factory heat pad, instead of the AS5 (shown in the movie) on your SLI-DR mobo?

I hope in future, DFI ditches the stock cooler, and just fits some decent VC-REs.

i guess I should have specified in the vid/tutorial that it is a good idea to run the board for 30 minutes or more to get teh chipset heat up making it much easier to remove with that original yellow nasty thermal pad ;)

ps: no one is allowed to edit or distribute my videos without my permission.

period.

If i catch anyone doing it, legal action will result as I am the owner and copyright holder and I don't screw around when it comes to protecting my assets, and these tutorials are exactly that.