Evercool VC-RE Chipset Fan Installation Tutorial Video! (2 fast mirror

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LithoTech

It will dry in time, but if the liquid left over that is drying has any disolved impurities in it, then it can leave a residue. With a higher concentration of alc, it has stronger solvent properties and residue is minimal if there is hardly anything left to evaporate. :)

Blot it up the best you can, and use canned air to help it evaporate.

A bottle of 99% Isopropyl is cheap. Even the larger bottles are less than $5. If you need, you can always dilute it a bit with distilled water. Best bet, leave the 70% in the medicine cabinet and buy the smallest bottle of 99% for your computer toolbox.

The coffee filters are great, got to try that. I've just been using good qual paper towels that are virtually lint free, and also some sterile pads I raided from the medicine cabinet years ago. They are completely lint free, and have some tooth to them (printers term for prepress materials that have an abrasive surface in comparrison to very smooth uncoated materials; eg: the emulsion side of a negative piece of film). So when you blot, rub and clean with these, they pick up a lot of debris that paper would miss.

I also wrap my q-tips in a bit of the above, because the q-tips tend to leave behind little threads etc. Proper electronics lint free q-tips are rediculously expensive at my suppliers.

Another product I can't pimp enough is Saftey Wash. It does the same job as acetone, only better imho. Comes in an spray can and manufactued by M.G. Chemicals. From the lable:

Satic Free

A unique blend of safe solvents for cleaning and degreasing.

Leaves no residue.

Safe for most plastics and elastomers.

Stuff works like magic on any TIM that is difficult to remove with alc. It's designed for cleaning contacts etc in very dirty environments, and is a very strong solvent. I never spray it directly on computer parts, and instead spray a bit on a q-tip or towel-wipe and work from there. I've used it on tons of other household and car parts and not just electronics -- it'll clean crap that only other stronger solvents will touch but they leave a residue and are not static free (eg: WD-40, brake cleaner).

It's about $10-15 a can. Large can though, 600g, will last a lifetime.

Excellent video tutorial and fast mirror.

I reencoded the video using latest DivX and uploaded here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/1993I471/evercool3.zip.htm

Filesize: 79.4MB

Thanks a lot.

you are to remove this video immediately or face legal action from me

maybe you didn't read what I wrote about YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MODIFY THIS OR ANY VIDEO WITHOUT PERMISSION

and you do not have permission

you have exactly 24 hours to remove this video or I will take action against you and Rapidshare

I have also sent a legal warning to Rapidshare with the same instructions.

When you create a video then you can do what you want with it.

When I create a video and give you explicit instructions to NOT modify it or host it without my permission, and you do it anyway, you have crossed the line and will face immediate and swift action from me.

I am dead serious about this. Whether you agree with me or not is not important. The fact remains I am the owner and creator of the video, not you.

haha I told you I was a nasal little biatch

momma keeps saying I been sick when I made that so that's not really how i sound but I've heard my voice on recordings etc all my life and I do sound like a nasal little classy lady-jew (I am a jew so no jews need to bother writing me no damn hate-mails etc)

Just make a little post with pics for the VC-RD and I will add it to the first post so everyone knows (and I'll add it to the title too)

hey Gangster...do us a favor and re-read the rules and put the full specs of your rig in your sig

a link to your specs just isn't going to cut it (for reasons you will understand if you read the rules about sigs!)

not trying to be mean...just letting you know we want to see your specs!

hey Gangster...do us a favor and re-read the rules and put the full specs of your rig in your sig

a link to your specs just isn't going to cut it (for reasons you will understand if you read the rules about sigs!)

not trying to be mean...just letting you know we want to see your specs!

Ok :) Updated just havent recentley read the rules :)

Is mine ok or does it need some more detail?

I think he still is missing something, A GAT? I'll go over your video since i've ordered the VC-RE this week, thanks man. See you in August, you better be prepared, middleeasterns don't play nice! j/k man...pulling your leg. :)