Evercool VC-RE Chipset Fan Installation Tutorial Video! (2 fast mirror

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, how much quieter is it? Im planning on switching to watercooling and the ultra d doesnt allow me to watercool the chipset. Will i be able to hear it alot over the water?

Thanks.

I run mine at 3375rpm. At that speed, 18" from the computer I have to listen hard to hear it. At idle the chipset runs 43C according to MBM. I just ran dual Prime95 for 15 minutes and the temperature peaked at 47C. Hope this helps.

Guest LithoTech

From the horse's mouth

http://www.arcticsilver.com/as5.htm

Not Electrically Conductive:

Arctic Silver 5 was formulated to conduct heat, not electricity.

(While much safer than electrically conductive silver and copper greases, Arctic Silver 5 should be kept away from electrical traces, pins, and leads. While it is not electrically conductive, the compound is very slightly capacitive and could potentially cause problems if it bridges two close-proximity electrical paths.)

Guest LithoTech

Someone thought that the whole tube full was to be used... keeps a lot of skilled people in work. :D

I couldn't find the anser anywhere, and I tried searching. does doing this void your warranty? I would figure so, but I haven't seen any mention of it. Also you were to just put the stock one back one, would they notice?

wouldnt i just be able to pull it off?

No. As you can see in the video, there are little barbs at the tip of the mounting pins that need to be pushed together to get them through the board.

EDIT: actually someone earlier in this thread mentioned cutting the heads off the plastic pins so as not to have to remove the board. If the VC-RE comes with its own pins, go ahead. Do not do this with the computer running, obviously, or it'll probably just crash anyway. :D