Evercool VC-RE Chipset Fan Installation Tutorial Video! (2 fast mirror

Guest Kobalt
I cant just remove the gfx and work inside the case?

You can do anything you want.

It is just easier to install stuff if you remove the mobo. That way you can tell if the mounting is good. As I said, if you are really in a hurry, just snip off the heads of the plastic pins, and push them through. Once you snip them, the heatsink will lift right off.

If you want to save those pins, like for doing RMAs, or you want to use the same pins for the new cooler, then you must remove the mobo.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Happy. I did this to both my machine and my son's last night. Worked great and dropped temps over 10 degrees on his and like 8 on mine at 1/2 the RPMs. Nice easy and useful mod.

My video is all 'negative' - it's all kinda red and green. This happends in media player classic AND wmp. Other videos play fine - any ideas? I installed the Vantec A1C-CCB the other day, and my NB idles at 51c! I think I put too much as5 on, need to watch the video though!

edit: btw, installing the vantec was really difficult, because the damn holes on the cooler were slightly wider apart than the holes on the mobo. that meant i had to 'angle' on of the pushpins to get it in, if you know what I mean. is it the same as the evercool, or is that one a perfect fit? also, how much noiser is the evercool than the vantec? i may get the evercool instead, cheers.

Guest Kobalt
My video is all 'negative' - it's all kinda red and green. This happends in media player classic AND wmp. Other videos play fine - any ideas? I installed the Vantec A1C-CCB the other day, and my NB idles at 51c! I think I put too much as5 on, need to watch the video though!

edit: btw, installing the vantec was really difficult, because the damn holes on the cooler were slightly wider apart than the holes on the mobo. that meant i had to 'angle' on of the pushpins to get it in, if you know what I mean. is it the same as the evercool, or is that one a perfect fit? also, how much noiser is the evercool than the vantec? i may get the evercool instead, cheers.

Sounds like a codec issue to me.

Which codec is doing the decoding?

Sounds like a codec issue to me.

Which codec is doing the decoding?

I'm afraid I'm not sure. I have CCCP installed though (combined community codec pack). Other vids work fine so it's confusing. I redownloaded it btw, so I doubt it's a problem with the actual file.

Guest Kobalt

Get Gspot or AVIcodec and it will tell you what codec the movie is using. (use google to find programs.)

Gspot will tell you what codec that you have is trying to decode it.

Guest Kobalt

At the bottom, click the "1", then the "2", and it should tell you what codec is trying to decode it.

If you want, you can download VLC, http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ and run that with the file. This player uses its own codecs to decode.

AG, thanks for the tut!

You must have done a second because I heard no music in the background, except for that funky 70s music at the end LOL.

Nice, clear, simple, and to the point.

Im sure you have heard this before, but doe's anyone know where i could get one of this VC-RE coolers from in the uk london please. searched and searched but cant seem to find it for sale in uk.

Thanks...

Looking to get one from here

...should be in later this month (actually found them via the Evercool website) They even mention it as for use as a DFI chipset cooler. I've got mine on pre-order, so hope they get stock soon:)