Need Opty 170 Oc Help

The max voltage I can change it to is 1.55 so that would be my limit anyway.

You can go higher than 1.55v, thats what your VID special control is for.

E.G Lets say your max setting was for 1.55v, if you set the VID special control to say 110% then its -

1.55*110%100=1.705

So your CPU Vcore would be at 1.705v

But these kinds of voltages would need water cooling and would shorten your CPU life or may even damage it. So just work out what voltage you want to set it to, my personal limit would probably be about 1.6v.

Upping your voltages will help with stablility.

Personally I couldnt get anymore then 1890mhz ( a whole 90mhz OC for my opteron 165 0607 ) at first. Even raising Vcore .075V did nothing to help it gain the minimalist OC. Going into Dram and setting your tCL and all those timings manuall (only the 5 timings you see advertised IE 2-3-3-5 1T) allowed me to go to 2.3ghz on stock voltages. My opteron is a dud though (bad stepping/week) as it needs 1.450V just to get into windows on 2560mhz. I havent primed it yet, so I still dunno if its even stable.

While others with good steppings for the 165's like the 0610 have hit 3ghz with thiers. Ill be happy with 2.6

Oh and personally, I dont even like 1.5Vcore

Hey thanks for all of the help.

I have tried changing the both VID's and it has not helped. Whenever I try to manually change something I cannot boot into Windows. The best that I have gotten that will allow me to boot into Windows is 245X10. That is with about everything set to auto in the BIOS. I have not tried to change the RAM timing manually as of yet but with all of its settings on AUTO I can get to Windows. When I did change the DRAM setting to 9/10 or 1/10 the best I could get was 231X10. When the DRAM setting was 9/10 it changed my ram timings to 2.5-3-3-7 but again I could not go past the 231X10.

Here are a few pics as to where I am now. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I can only get to 243 X 10 now and would like to get to at least 2.6 if at all possible( using air cooling) and any higher would be great. I have not flashed my bios to a newer one but I don't know if that would help. I have done a CMOS clear ( by following the directions of another DFI-Street link) and it did help as I was able to get to 244x10. The problem there is as soon as I try to go higher than that by changing anything in the BIOS settings it will not let me get to the 244. So now the best I can get is 242X10.